Chapter 7- Percy

I thought about swimming to the island but I wasn't allowed to. Instead, I bought a ticket for a ferry and waited a longggg time. It would have been faster if I just swam, stupid rules. I was crushed to see so many couples on the ferry, I remembered when I brought her here. She looked so happy, and I couldn't wait to see her face again. By the time I arrived on the island it was around 8:30 p.m. Luckily, since I rode the ferry, they gave us the ticket for the mini car thing. I didn't know what it was called and I still don't. I got on, catching some girls' attention. Gods, if Annabeth was here she would murder each of them with her own hands.

"Hey, cutie. I'm Ellie", a girl introduced. I gave her an awkward smile and stared at my hands. Uh oh. I was too tired to deal with this. I really wished Annabeth was here to yell at them.

"N-nice name", I replied.

"If you like my name you should hear my number", Ellie said flirtatiously. I had no idea what to do. I wanted to be kind but I also wanted to yell at her, it felt like I was cheating on Annabeth.

"Sorry, I have a girlfriend. I'm meeting her soon", I mentioned awkwardly. Why was this happening now? I looked forward, trying not to cause anymore embarrassment. That went better than expected, I thought about when I rejected a demigod at camp and she threatened to set my cabin on fire. She reminded me a lot of Leo.

"Jerk", she snapped. Soon, I arrived at the field and luckily I was able to remember where we sat on our date. See, being a good boyfriend helps save lives. Not really but it was nice to brag that I was a good boyfriend.

"Aww the guy who rejected me is all alone", she jeered. I turned around, annoyed. Why were girls so mean? Even Annabeth was but it didn't matter because I loved her. The island looked so beautiful, the night sky and the lights surrounded by flowers. I arrived and sat down on the little table and chairs they had set out. I checked my watch, 8:56. This was going to take a while. I thought about our date here, we sat right here. We had lavender coffee and food, which to be honest was almost as good as blue food. I smiled, thinking about how lucky I was to have her.

"Hello", a voice said. I looked up, it was a girl or...woman? She looked a lot like Annabeth but something about her was different.

"Annabeth?" I asked hopefully. She shook her head.

"No sweetie, Aphrodite. Although, it's cute that you thought I was Annabeth since everyone sees me as who they think is the most beautiful person", she teased. I blushed and looked down. Gods I missed Annabeth.

"Why are you here?" I asked. Although, I knew she was here because of Annabeth. This was going to be an annoying conversation.

"Me and Hera noticed that well.. You've been thinking about marrying Annabeth", she replied. Oh no, this was embarrassing. I stuttered and said a few random words, what was I supposed to say?

"How adorable, now tell me. Where, how, when and what ring", she asked curiously. I didn't know what to say, I wasn't really a gossip kind of guy.

"Uh... well I guess Camp Half-blood or Annabeth's favorite restaurant. I would be extra nice and I would propose when she would least expect it. I might do it when I'm 20. I want to do it now, trust me, but I want to be older so Annabeth doesn't have any doubts... Oh, and I don't know what ring", I explained. I knew I was blushing hard. Aphrodite started squirming with excitement. Ugh, I've had enough of this from the Aphrodite cabin. They were all like their mother, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

"I'm telling you, it's like a literal drama. Now let me help youuuu", she offered. I looked at her confused, what did she mean to help me?

"Huh...". She looked at me, annoyed. How was I supposed to understand what she said? I was a man, of course I was clueless about love.

"Well, I would make it more romantic and make you propose right now", she suggested forcefully.

"But I want her to be ready. Plus, I want to be old enough", I replied. She looked like she was about to say "awww" and "oh come on, man up". We talked about my love life and how to propose. It was very embarrassing but at least she helped me realize that I could propose to Annabeth any day and she would be happy. I wanted to see her so bad. I knew Aphrodite could feel what I was feeling because she gave me a sly look. I blushed again.

"Well, you should get going. Thank you so much", I said gratefully. She hugged me goodbye and disappeared. I checked my watch again, 9:30.

"Take your time Annie, I'm waiting", I said softly.