Chapter 16

Will felt something warm wrapped around his hand as he awoke. He felt a searing pain in his chest and his entire body ached. He opened his eyes. "Maggy?" he barely managed to say with his dry throat.

"You're awake! Guys!" she ran off to call the others.

"No..." he groaned, wishing she didn't leave. He glanced at the IV in his arm wondering how long he had been out. He glanced down at his chest. The wound had closed, but it still hurt. "This... sucks." His eyes widened. Beside him in a similar hospital-type bed, was Samantha, still unconscious.

Rapid footsteps came closer as they ran down the stairs.

"Will!" Jason came up next to him. "You're okay?"

"Water..."

"Right, sorry," Maggy poured him a glass of water from the pitcher sitting on the table nearby and held it up to him while helping him sit up.

After a few gulps, he sighed. "Thanks, Maggy. Um... Is she...?" he glanced at his sister.

Jason moved over to Samantha to hold her hand. "She's alive as far as we know, but unlike you, she's been unconscious the whole time."

"And I haven't been?"

"You haven't fully woken up until now, but you've moved a bit and your eyes fluttered open a few times for only a second or two before you fell unconscious again. So, how do you feel?"

"Like I got shot in the chest and then hit by a truck... What the hell is in that serum?" Will turned to Roy.

"My dad's secret..." Roy laughed, only knowing part of the recipe.

"Thanks for the beds, I guess..." Will finally noticed they were in Roy's basement. They had moved things around so they could fit two beds away from their experiments.

"Thanks for coming to save me," Jason said.

Will rolled his eyes. "Not like you were kidnapped because they wanted you anyway."

"Still, you could've left me to be killed."

"As if my sister would let me."

"I know you'd come for me without her telling you to."

"You have too much faith in a vampire you hardly know."

Maggy frowned at Will and he shut his mouth, turning away.

"Sorry..." Will mumbled. "So, how long have you been here? I swear it was the warmth from your hand that pulled me out of my slumber."

Maggy blushed. "Um... I... I've come and gone a few times."

He lightly took her hand and kissed the back. "Thank you."

Maggy nodded, unable to find her words as she tried not to smile.

"Okay, you, back off," Roy tugged Maggy away.

"What? Why?"

"He needs more rest; it's only been a few days."

"A few days and it's still in my system?" Will asked. "And I only had a little of her blood... I think... How long until my sister recovers?"

"Considering it was kinda a proto-type of the serum and not tested, I haven't got any idea how long until it passes through your systems. I wasn't even sure you'd be okay since it was meant to halt the witch powers too..."

"On that note," Will glared at Jason. "You had the other syringe; how could you let her take it?!"

"As if I had a choice! I didn't want to give it to her, but she pinned me down on the bed and took it from me."