Chapter 2

Pov Natasha

I stand up at 5am as every morning to do my daily morning run. The sun isn't up yet and the temperature is slightly cold. I put on my sport clothes and go downstairs.

"You've met a girl yesterday Steve? What's her name? How is she? Come on answer me!" I hear Pepper asking. Walking inside I answer her questions "Her name is Y/n and she's really nice and kind. Oh and by the way, not he met her. I met her and asked her to join the meet up from us. Right Capsicle?". "Oh Natasha honey" Pepper formally sings smirking at me with a tone where i already know what she's going to say. I quickly take my water bottle and make my way out as i hear her yelling after me "Sweetheart stay here. If the Natasha Romanoff calls someone kind and nice something must be behind that. Sit down and let's talk about your new flame honey.". Oh god, no. "I'm sorry but I was just about to go on my morning run to see the sunrise. Maybe on another day or better, never" I scream back smiling. "Oh and she's not my new flame, mother!" I add. I mostly call Pepper mother when she sounds like she'd be mine even though she isn't but to be honest you can see that Pepper took the mother-figure for all of us here in the tower.

The wind blows cold in my face which makes me shiver. "I need to hurry before I start turning into an ice cube" I laugh.

My route is always the same one: I follow the road at the tower, turn left into the city and then turn right into the lane that leads me to the woods.

I run for nearly 2 hours before I make my way back to the tower. The sun is already high burning on my bare skin. The door makes a "click" as I swipe my keycard over the button.

The door swings open and behind it stands Pepper "Oh my Natalia you're back! Now we can talk about your "maybe flame". Did she really fucking wait for me?! That's psychotic! "Uhm I'd love to talk about my "NOT flame" but i just came to get my wallet. I'm gone in a minute again. I'm really sorry mother but maybe we can talk Never." I might have lied about the sorry because I totally am not but at least I really just came to get my wallet.

I quickly meander past her, take my wallet and run out of the house without saying another word to Pepper.

This time I make my way directly into the city and into a small side street where a small hotdog stand has his place. The queue isn't too long so I put myself behind a man.

Pov Y/n

Work. Yay. Urgh I hate it. I do way too much for way too less money. But oh boy what can I do? I need money.

I put on my work clothes and let the water boil. Not long after my start the queue already fills up with some people. "Give me my normal hotdog now! I don't have time to wait forever just because you're too slow at doing your job!" a man yells. It's always the same here. "Here you go. Have a nice day!" At least i try to be nice. "Yeah shut it" He leaves. Wow. Not even a thank you. Asshole.

I put another pack of sausages in the water. "I'd take a hotdog without pickles, please" the next person says. "It'll take a while, I just put in the sausage one minute ago, I'm sorry." I try to apologize already getting ready to get screamed at again but instead the person says "Oh don't worry I can wait. No apology needed". I haven't looked up from the pot yet so I lift my head. My jaw drops immediately. "Natasha?! You here?" She laughs "Am I not allowed to get myself a hotdog?". "No no no I.. I just didn't thought you'd come here." "Well here I am."

Why is she here? Because of me? Or just to see how poor I actually am?

"Here's your hotdog Nat. Uh sorry I meant Natasha". Oh god that was embarrassing. "Thank you really much. Do you mind if I give you some company for a while?". "Yeah sure I'd love to have you in company"