5

Jessie went into labor only a few days later. It was a bit of a nice light in the midst of all of the sorrow. A new life was brought into the world. A little boy who they named Skylar Hogun Maxoley.

Meanwhile, Pietro, Katherine, Vision, Wanda, and Jessie all decided that they were going to be moving out. They had a flat in Paris after all and thought that oversea travel would do them some good. Except for the strange request they made. And it pissed you off.

"I want you to take care of Minerva." Pietro pleaded. It was only you and him in the room and you had your arms crossed over your chest.

"She's your daughter!" You hissed at him.

"I know, I know, but with Elizabeth and Hogun dead-" Pietro's voice cracked in pain and he smoothed a hand over his face, "-we just. . . I. . ."

"Please tell me you're not abandoning the child!" You hissed through your teeth. "Did you all agree on this? I can't believe your sister would leave Minerva behind!"

"It's just for a short while." Pietro pleaded, hands in front of his chest. His blond hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn't slept in days. "Please! She already likes you a lot and you obviously really like her so please. Just until we get back from Paris."

You glared at Pietro. "She needs her parents."

"And they're dead." Pietro's voice cracked again, "They're dead Y/N. Elizabeth's gone. Hogun's gone. T-"

"SHE'S YOUR KID TOO!" You shouted, tears in your eyes. "SHE'S ELIZABETH'S DAUGHTER AND THAT MAKES HER YOUR DAUGHTER TOO!"

Pietro looked slight abashed, but mostly just desperate.

"She needs to grow up with her brother, Pete." You said, hoping that you could get through to him. "Minerva and Skylar need to grow up together. You need to take care of her. It's your duty as the soulmate to her mother to take care of her. To love her."

"But you love her!"

"Yes, but she's not my child either." You protested, "If all of you- if you and Katherine and Jessie and Wanda and Vision- were all dead, that would be different. But you are all very much alive and you are the ones who should be taking care of her. She deserves that much."

Pietro was silent, looking sullen. You shook your head, sighing, "Fine. You want me to take care of her until you get back from Paris? Fine. I'll do it. But you could do so much more as her soulmate father. I've already got three kids and I have two more on the way. I just hope that when you get older and when she gets older, she doesn't remember how you abandoned her."

You stormed out of the room, not even noticing Tony who had been standing on the other side of the room.

That night at dinner- which was a sort of going away party for them- you were rather sullen.

It was a small affair, just an easy dinner that you had whipped up by yourself. Everyone either sat at the dining room table or the kitchen table. Steve, Bucky, and Loki were sweet talking your babies, trying to get them to try a little applesauce as they were allowed to have somewhat liquidly foods introduced to them now.

Pietro and Jessie were fawning over Skylar. You noticed Minerva was on Tony's lap. When you caught Tony's eyes, he gave you a subtle nod and you knew he was upset with Pietro's decision as well.

"Wanda can I speak to you?" You asked in undertone to the red headed witch sitting next to you.

"Sure." Wanda said and the two of you moved to the kitchen. "What is it?" She asked when the two of you were alone.

"You're leaving Minerva behind?" You asked softly.

Wanda sighed, looking away and out the window, "Vision and I wanted to bring her. But Pietro said it was to painful to look at her. I- I do not respect my brothers decision, but I can understand his pain because I can feel it, even though I have not lost my soulmate."

"Vision and you don't have to stay with them though." You murmured, "Vision and Elizabeth were soulmated to each other. Now. . . now you don't have to stay with that group. You and Vision could raise Minerva as your own."

Wanda looked thoughtful. "I think I will do that. But. . . I do want to help my brother recuperate first in Paris. Please? Look out for her for a month at the most?"

You just nodded, though you were glad that the future of Minerva was now in good hands.

Wanda smiled, reaching over to squeeze your hand, "Thank you Y/N."

You watched her walk back to the dining room.

"Everything alright?" Tony asked, coming in with Minerva on his hip.

You smiled a little, "You look good like that."

Tony grinned, "Can't wait for my little one." He went quiet for a moment, "So Wanda and Vision will take care of her?"

"After they get back from Paris." You sighed. "I just. . . I don't understand it. Would you guys push Lucy and Vincent and Marcel away if I had died?"

"No." Tony sighed, sitting down at the table across from you. "But everyone handles grief differently. Your father went to alcohol and abuse. Hogun killed himself. You. . . you handled it well. So far anyways." He gave you a cheeky wink that made you smile, "And then they're just trying not to remember her. Minerva looks a lot like both of them. Hogun's eyes, Elizabeth's hair, it's just. . . a lot, you know?"

Tony looked down at the tiny thing in his arms. "But she's precious and what you said earlier was right."

You just nodded.

"You look tired." He commented.

"Headache." You murmured, "I was staring at the computer all day. You know when I stare at the screen to much I get headaches."

Tony grinned, "You gotta stop reading that wattpad romance shit."

"Not in front of the kid Tones." You scolded. "Not the bad words or the mentions of Wattpad, alright?"

Tony grinned wider, "What? Don't want your children to know you read smu-"

"Shut up." You warned in what you hoped was a threatening voice.

"What?" Tony laughed, "I think it's funny! You're married to the Avengers and you still read smut other people wrote about us. I'll help you bring some of those oneshots come to life if you'd like."

"Shut up before Minerva ingrains these words in your brain." You scolded. You softened, "But um, if you want to retire early, I would like a good rest."

Tony nodded, "I'll meet you upstairs gorgeous."

You smiled, "See you later eye-candy."

"Haven't heard that one in a while. Missed it." Tony winked, kissing you before carrying Minerva back to the other room.

You smiled a little, glad that you felt a little lighter with all the depression. You flipped the kitchen lights off and trailed upstairs.

You got dressed in a gray T-shirt and pajama bottoms, climbing into the middle of Stephen and Tony's bed. You were out by the time your head hit the pillow.