Chapter 3

Present day

She knew she was doomed when she felt a cold metal material pressed hard on her back.

A gun.

She tried to compose herself even though she was freaking out inside.

"Please let me go. Please, I don't know anything."

"Shut up if you still want to keep your precious life." He said calmly, with the gun still pressed on her back. It was probably one of the intruders who smoked a cigar in Jun Pyo's room as she could smell the scent of cigarettes from him.

"Now, hold this bag and walk to the van." He said. As he put the bag on her shoulder.

She was frozen at first. But then he pressed more pressure of the gun on her back, she had no choice but to oblige to his order

She took her time to scan her surroundings, the hospital parking lot was quiet at night and one of the hospital guards was sipping his coffee while walking his way back to the hospital. She stopped abruptly causing the intruder to bump into her.

She used this opportunity to kick his crotch.

"You bitch!"

As the guy groaned in pain, she ran for her life. The hospital guard who was sipping his coffee came off shocked at the view as he spilled his coffee. "Hey! What's going on th– ". His sentence will never be completed as she heard a gunshot that killed that guard.

She was shocked and was about to cry, how could they kill an innocent man so easily. But she quickly ran trying to dodge from the bullet until she heard another gunshot,  and she kept running. She ran until she found a busy street. She didn't stop until fate landed her upon the police car.

"Please save me! They have guns!" She pleaded as she saw the confused looks that were given by the policemen. The policemen quickly let her into their car as they came out to observe the scene. When there was no sign that she was still being chased, one of the police grabbed the radio transmitter device in the car and quickly informed the other policemen to observe the scene right away whilst they went to bring her to the police station.

***

Lim Soo Ho couldn't handle the dizziness that lingered ever since this morning. His lack of sleep at night is the major cause of it. His mind wouldn't let him rest the second he heard the news about Eun Young Ro followed by some shocking facts about her.

The fact that she came from money, being engaged to the future president elect's son, and the plot twist that her father is his boss's boss at the place he currently works at. Or in short, her father is his boss.

Though he only worked in ANSP for almost 8 years, he made his achievement as being one of the top agents in the ANSP along with Lee Gang Mu. Thus he was well respected among his other colleagues and juniors and the director himself took notice of his achievement.

It was his fourth cup of coffee until a hand abruptly stopped him from sipping it.

"That's enough coffee for today Soo Ho-ya." Said Lee Gang Mu as he snatched the cup from Soo Ho's hand.

Soo Ho met Gang Mu when he was enlisted in the military. After they finished their service, Soo Ho decided to join him in the ANSP and he welcomed him with open arms. He has a lot of respect for Gang Mu for helping him during the training in the military and getting him more familiar with the workplace. And they often paired as partners, especially when it involves solving numerous hard cases.

Giving Gang Mu an irritated look, he sighed and went out to the pantry to refill the mineral water in his bottle instead. And he heard a slight whisper from the other workers as he opened the pantry door.