iv. common courtesy

There was an awkward silence between Aurora and her Father on their drive back to the Argent house after the pair left the animal clinic. While her Father didn't know what to say to the young brunette, Aurora just didn't care enough to start a conversation with the man.

She was still trying to piece together how all of Allison's friends fit into what was going on. The pair were on their way to get her Grandfather, so he could come back to the animal clinic with them, to speak with the vet, who Aurora assumed knew a lot more than he let on. Pulling up to the driveway, her Father gave her an expectant look as he put the car in park.

"What." The girl sighed, rolling her eyes before looking over to her Father.

"Get out, you're not coming back with us." Her Father answered her, he had a stern look on his face and she could tell that she wasn't going to be the one to change his mind on this.

Raising her eyebrow at the man, she let out a small, humourless laugh as she opened the door of the car and started to get out. She could feel the cool air of the night blow her hair all over the place, but she didn't care. She was waiting for her Grandfather.

Watching the front door open, she smiled, seeing her Grandfather emerge from the house. Walking towards the car, she gave her Grandfather an annoyed look before mouthing the words help me to him.

"Aurora, dear, still as thoughtful as ever, giving your Grandpa the front seat." Her Grandfather said as he reached the car. "As much as I appreciate the gesture, you take the front seat darling." He continued, smiling.

With that Aurora got back in the car ignoring the look her Father was giving her, not saying anything at all, with a smug smirk on her face. "Drive Christofer." She heard her Grandfather say, and her Father listened.

~ ~

"I'm starting to think i need to buy a more prominent 'Closed' sign." Aurora heard the vet say, as the trio made their way back into the clinic. She watched as her Grandfather smiled.

"Hello, Alan. It's been a while. Last I heard, you had retired." So that was the vets name, Alan. She watched the vet, who looked like this was the last place he wanted to be. Though she couldn't blame him, her Father wasn't the best company.

"Last I heard, you followed a code of conduct." Alan said, his eyes going from her Grandfather, back to her Father. Aurora decided she didn't like the man. Why was it any of his business if they followed that old, stupid code anyways.

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours." She heard her Father huff.

"I did. I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his fingertips, so don't assume I'll be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions." The vet answered.

"He was only twenty-four." Her Father said to the man, a frown on his face. Clearly still upset with Bennet's death. Aurora and her Grandfather on the other hand, couldn't care less.