1.

What Is really the beginning  of someone's journey? What makes them snap to a new wish, a new life? Like it's another being.

Mine started when I was 13 years old. I had come back home from hunting with my older brother.  We lived in a small house, on the top of the mountains around Orario.

We could not believe what I saw; Our sisters, father and mother were brutally killed. It didn't  seem human. What happened? Who… no, what did that to my kin?

My head was racing a lot of questions. The fear was greater than my sadness. I could not let myself cry, for me and my brother could feel how heavy the mood was there, like something was ready to kill us at any moment too.

It was not like being hunted by a beast. I was sure what we were going to run into was something else.

Liam

I didn't  answer . The shock through my body was tremendous. It was a challenge to talk.

Liam! What happened? I can only smell blood… Don’t tell me…

After my brother shouted out my name, I finally left the trance I was in. I looked for the cloth covering his eyes . But I found myself surprised.  He didn’t  resemble any fear. Ken was determined, or didn't  want to show his fear to me, at least. He could not see, but still, he knew exactly what happened. Still, he tried to make me feel protected.

Yes, that's what older brothers do. They protect, or at least, make the younger ones feel protected.

Hear me out, Liam. I want you to hide in the secret basement. You know, the one you use to hide and seek against your mother.

My eyes trembled while he said that to me, with no fears, no regrets. He knew what he was doing. Me too.

Ken then pats my head. I hugged him , as a desperate attempt to keep him alive.

Brother, please, you can't go there too. I don’t  know what I should do.

He smiled. He knew that there were was only one way to make me release him

You will. You are the smartest one, you know.
But I-

And I am the strongest one. I never lost a prey. And you know that. I won't fail now, liam. In five minutes, I will be back. And we will figure out what we will do, together.

Do You promise?

Yes.

He said, while taking his hatchet off his belt. A hatcher passed down for generations in my family,  given by an adventurer from Zeus familia years ago.The weapon I wanted so much and messed so much with him to give it to me. I knew, at that moment, that it was in his possession for a reason. He deserved it. He always did. It was like he never needed vision, and still fought better than any beast or prey. He was… incredible.

He used to say that after he got the age of majority he would go to Orario and become an adventurer. Get rich and bring us there too. It was his dream, and wanted to fight beside the people he admired.

After releasing him, he went straight to the direction where the blood was coming.

I was a child. I was wit. I believed every word he said, and went to my hiding place.

5 minutes passed by.

15.

30.

Not one single sound. Nothing at all. I just kept hidden there because my brother could have died and it didn’t  make a single sound.

Even though he wasn’t coming to call me, I had hope. that he was fine. That he would come back. I still believed… right?

Not at all.