𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐, varsity, baby!

───────── ✧₊⁺ ─────────
chapter two: varsity, baby!

{a/n:

commenting and voting are greatly appreciated!

enjoy :) }
───────── ✧₊⁺ ─────────

FOR A PRIVATE SCHOOL, Eden Hall could use some practice on accommodating their new students better. The campus is gigantic, and Claire was granted no help at all in finding her first few classes.

Reaching out to other students wasn't an option either.

She tried.

Fortunately, the morning flies by with most classes being filled with syllabi and the droning of teachers about their expectations and the high academic standard they are all being held to as Eden Hall Academy students. Homework is given freely, much to everyone's dismay.

Claire finds herself in AP Chemistry, her last class before lunch. Her stomach grumbles at the thought of food and she clutches her arms around it in an attempt to relieve the sore. She is seated at a lab table situated to fit two and the seat to her right is still open as more and more classmates file into the room.

Her head is buried in her notebook as she hears someone clearing their voice from beside her.

"Is this seat taken?" A soft, yet charming voice inquires. Claire glances up and loses her breath as she stares at the boy standing before her.

It's the boy from her second grade class.

The one whom gave her that damn lollipop.

He has sandy blonde hair framing his face with gentle curls and vivid blue eyes peering at her affably. Claire's heart is racing, and are her palms sweaty? God, why are they sweaty? As she panicky ponders this she realizes he is still waiting for the answer to her question.

The seat next to her. Right.

"Uh, yeah..." she internally curses as her voice faultures, sounding as if she was annoyed. She coughs into her shoulder before speaking again, "I mean, of course! K-knock yourself out."

Just shut up already Clarice!

The boy is clueless to her internal smack down as he smiles in thanks and sinks onto the stool.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." He lowers his backpack and starts pulling his books out. Claire can't help but watch him as he completes his task. He catches her eye and he turns to her.

"We didn't introduce ourselves, I'm Kristopher Adair."

He holds out his strong hand, it's all long, and smooths skin with faint jutting viens. Claire stares unblinkingly at it for far too long before her brain finally clicks into place. She is quick to respond so she doesn't look like a complete dolt.

"Hi, my barlow is Claire Name."

Oh, why is she such an idiot!? She feels her face flush in shame and she really hopes that the floor will open up and swallow her whole. There's no way she can face him now. Shaking her head, she forces her mouth to work correctly as she tries again.