Prologue

"Peeeeeeeter! Where are you Peter? Come on, why can't I hide and YOU seek... Peter?"

Sunny flopped down onto the beach chair  placed outside on the front porch. Peter was just too good at hide and seek, she could never find him. She quietly stood up and walked around the side of the house. Tip-toeing, she finally got to the trampoline. With a sudden pounce she looked beneath it.

"I found you Peter!! Let's play agai-"

Peter wasn't there. Sunny had been sure that was where he was. But there was nothing but a patch of  long, bright green grass, swishing from side to side in the breeze.

Suddenly, Sunny didn't feel so good. Her heart started beating faster and her palms became sweaty. She didn't feel safe.

She turned around, half expecting to see Peter behind her, but there was nothing. Only the sandpit could be seen, Peter's dark blue bucket and Sunny's bright yellow spade sitting in the sand.

The sky suddenly went dark, and a sombre cloud of fear settled over her small town of Wran Hill. Sunny began to run towards the back door of her house, scared.

The world around her started to get blurry , and she felt her knees buckle beneath her. Everything began to slowly turn back.

She let out a small whisper before she lost consciousness.

"Peter."