𝐢𝐢. the one where they almost die

ONE. the monster exists and it's... cardan!
CHAPTER TWO. the one where they almost die

JASON FOR SURE definitely did not like Dylan, and neither did Cardan seem to like him as well. The man was the absolute definition of a stupid, annoying, ignorant boy who Cardan just couldn't seem to stand at all in his life.

"That's Dylan, I can barely stand him. Not many seem to like him, and neither do I—He thinks he's so amazing..." Cardan informed him, giving Dylan a look as Dylan dragged Piper inside the museum. "I feel bad for Piper. She's stuck as his partner, imagine being stuck in a room or partners with Dylan for 24 hours—I'd simply die."

"That doesn't sound amazing.." Jason muttered to Cardan as the boy nodded. "Nothing sounds amazing when Dylan is mentioned in the conversation." He told the blond boy, grimacing at the mere thought of Dylan.

"Who even can stand Dylan? He's the definition of annoyance." Leo added, frowning heavily as he stared at the boy. Leo was pulling out different kinds of things, nuts, bolts, and pipe cleaners. "Leo has ADHD—I'm pretty sure he'd bother to tell you already though," Cardan nudged Jason, giving him a light smile as Jason nodded—watching as Leo was now braiding Cardan's shoulder-length brown hair, and his necklace.

One of Cardan's arms was slung across Leo's shoulders, bringing the curly haired boy closer to him. The two muttered quietly to each other, making Jason not be able to hear the two boys who seemed to be attached to the hip with another. Jason huffed out a sigh, following the two but eyeing the museum suspiciously as he walked behind the two.

"Cardan, this museum—do you find it interesting?" Jason asked the boy, he was slightly taller than Jason, just a few inches though. He was definitely taller than Leo, a big inch though—he practically towered over Leo.

"Grand Canyon? Hualapai tribe? I think it's interesting, we'll, for me I think it's interesting—what about you, Jace?" Cardan asked—Jason could promptly hear the slight British accent in his voice clearer now, which kind of surprised Jason.

"Well—I guess it's kind of—"

"Hey, Piper, does your tribe run this place? Do you get in free if you do a rain dance?" One of the girls with a pink top and matching jeans said.

Cardan stopped his movement, causing Leo to stop as well. "My dad's Cherokee," Piper informed. "Not Hualapai. 'Course, you'd need a few brain cells to know the difference, Isabel." Piper shot back, giving her a smug smirk as Cardan stifled a small chuckle.

"I don't get the problem that Isabel has with Piper.. never done anything to her." Cardan mumbled, sighing quietly, shaking his head.

"Oh, sorry! Was your mom in this tribe? Oh, that's right. You never knew your mom." Cardan's eyes glowered as he detached himself from Leo and stopped Piper from charging in. "Piper, calm down, Isabel's not worth your problem. Also—Isabel, would you mind your own business. You're being racist and disrespectful." Cardan shot back at her as they both backed down from each other.

Piper glared intensely at Isabel before backing off, walking the other way with Cardan. Jason could tell that Isabel was still a bit fired up, coming from the intense glare she still had in her eyes — landing promptly on the brown haired boy and his two other companions. Jason's fists clenched tightly, almost turning white. He felt as if he was about to punch them. Sure, he didn't know anything about Cardan, or Piper, or Leo or even who he was.