noticed

Some names in the book r slightly altered to avoid copy right (we are planning on selling these)

Dahlia brushed her orange fringe out of her face while she read her romance novel.
"Can you quiet down?" She turned to her friend.
"No way! We're at the front row of a One Direction concert!" Her friend, Natasha Romanos said, accidentally slapping the book out of Dahlia's hand. She went to grab it but as people danced and sang along the book was slowly moved out of her reach. Dahlia groaned before deciding to just look up and try to enjoy the unbearable music that millions of other people enjoyed, but not her.

She turned her attention towards the stage and locked eyes with Zayn Malik. He smiled before turning to Harry Styles, and pointing at Dahlia. Harry nodded at whatever Zayn was saying before including Louis and Niall into the conversation. The other member was singing his part being excluded from the conversation.
"They're definitely talking about you!" Her other friend, Nayeon said, turning towards her best friend with a wide grin plastered on her face. Dahlia just shook her head in response. There was no way they could take that much interest in her, right? She seems to have forgotten she's an actress.

Once the song was over Niall walked over with a mischievous glint in his eyes and didn't say anything but just offered his hand to help pull her onto the stage, his large muscles making it look as if it would be easy to pull her up.
"No- I really shouldn't..." She said, shaking her head.
"C'mon Dahlia" Natasha groaned, she hated when her friend refused opportunities. Dahlia rolled her eyes and grabbed onto Neal's hand so he could help pull her up

"We've decided to welcome a special guest to the stage tonight! You may recognise her. But what we really want to propose is a singing battle, do you guys want that?" Harry announced to the already screaming fans, chuckling at the mass amount of noise coming from them at the proposition, while a staff member handed Dahlia a microphone. Dahlia looked confused, she hadn't heard about this.
"Wait what?" She said, turning to Louis. He just shrugged while Harry explained the rules, she seemed to have zoned out for the majority of them.
"We'll go first so Dalia has time to pick a song to sing" Harry said her name, reminding her that she was obviously going to be recognised. Dahlia thought maybe she should've listened to the rest of the rules. But surely she'll catch on once they are singing.

"So... Let's start then!" Zayn said as the background music for One Direction's song started playing.

-

As the music started, fans were singing along and cheering. Jesus christ were they loud. it soon came to an end, and It was Dahlia's turn to sing infront of an audience with possibly over 10,000 people, but for her it seemed like a million. She had never sung in front of an audience before, I mean she was an actress! Not a singer. But she did happen to have a musical theater career so she was sure if she could sing on Broadway she could most definitely sing here. As everyone looked at her expectantly she told everyone what song she wanted to sing, "Your Best American Girl by Mitski" Unfortunately, there weren't many mitski fans in the audience, but there was a few, and they definitely knew the song, and knew how it was about the cultural divide in between lovers and the experiences of women of colour, Dahlia really related to the lyrics and that's why she chose that song. She started singing.

If I could, I'd be your little spoon,
And kiss your fingers forevermore.
But,
Big spoon, you have so much to do
And I have nothing ahead of me.

Everyone was silent, listening to the lyrics as most had never heard this song before. And people didn't really care about her, not recognising her from the distance they were away from her. Some people in the front did recognise her though, the ones who were closest to her in the audience recognised her, and they were cheering. (But everyone was a littleeee confused on why)

Your mother wouldn't approve of how my mother raised me.
But, I do,
I think I do.

During the end of the song, the screen presenting the stage focused on her, and as everyone was finally able to see who she was, they cheered and clapped, loving her voice and the song. She clearly had won.

One Direction stood, stunned and admiring her, wow, they were in trouble.

hiii this story was written by me and my friend KelTheShark