the blitz pt. 2

"What the devil are you doing here Crowley??!!"

Aziraphale was worried. Crowley's feet bounced off of the blessed floors- he was practically dancing! Why was he here? In a church of all places?

"Don't look so upset Angel! I'm here to rescue you of course," Crowley winks.

The Angel blushed and his mind raced. What would Crowley possibly do? His feet were burning from the holiness of the church and he was dressed in a striped suit with a fedora hat. He looked handsome. Crowley? .. he's here to rescue me?

"Oh..." is all the Angel says before he finally tunes in to the conversation Crowley is having with the Germans. "There'll be a blitz here in the next few moments. If I were you, I'd run. You're lucky I've even told you." Crowley scoffs.

"And how would YOU know that?" The men were of course in disbelief. They'd not understand that Crowley wasn't bluffing. Of course he wasn't. He's a demon.

"Stick around and find out for yourselves."

And suddenly the air grew silent as the blitz approached them. It rained down on the church and everyone but Crowley and aziraphale were gone.

Aziraphale gasped, "the books!!"

"Don't worry, Angel. Little demonic miracle of my own," and as Crowley hands the Angel the stack of perfectly intact books he notices a tinge of pink on Crowley's cheeks. Must be the pain from walking in the church aziraphale ponders.

"Oh Crowley! Thank you dear. You're such a kind person!"

"I'm NOT kind, ANGEL. I'm a demon. Demons aren't kind!!" Of course the demon would get defensive. He'd just done something so lovely for aziraphale and now he's being called kind.

He must be dreaming.

Crowley was so... enticing.

"Care for a bite to eat, Angel?" Crowley asks. Though, unbeknownst to the Angel, it was just to spend time with him. He'd missed him for years now.

"That sounds lovely, dear. I'm absolutely starving!"

Crowley chuckles to himself and they head out of the church and to a nearby restaurant.