9: Madness

"Didn't we play Uno before we heard about the box-head that kidnapped [Name]?" Manon asked.

"Exactly. Is this a continuation?" Luke put in.

"Possibly. And I finally get to slap you if you win!" Jamie laughed, playfully punching his "rival's" shoulder.

Luke smirked as Lily whipped out the Uno deck from her duffel bag and tossed it onto the table. Manon and Marisa then blinked and shared a look of confusion; when did she pack a deck? And how did Luke know that she would bring it? Had they been texting beforehand? The two women shook the thought off and watched as Lily grinned like a child who got the privilege to get ice cream for free. "Who wants to deal cards?" she asked.

Marisa raised her hand as she went to the card deck, shuffling it. [Name] took the blanket off her face, sighing. She got up and went to the table where everyone else sat, ready to play. Manon gently escorted Jamie to sit beside [Name], causing the young woman's face to flush in embarrassment. "You look like you ate a ghost pepper, [Name]. Are you sure you're feeling alright? Do we need to soak you in water or something?" Luke asked.

"YES, I'M FREAKING FINE–" [Name] yelled.

She slammed his head on the table, mumbling incoherently, not caring about the red mark from when she sat up, leaning back in her chair. Chun-Li smirked, knowing exactly what she was thinking. Even Luke knew it. Jamie chuckled and watched as Marisa dealt out 7 cards to everyone. "Who shall go first?" she asked, glancing around the table.

No one spoke. That's when Ryu set his card down. A blue 6. "We'll go from my left. So, Ken's turn is next," he said.

Ken glanced at his deck, seeing he had no blue. However, he had a red 6. He placed it down, looking at Chun-Li. She rolled her eyes and placed a red plus 2 for Lily. She puffed her cheeks out and took 2 from the deck that faced down. "I already feel like I'm going to lose," she mumbled, slumping in her seat.

"Hey, relax, Lily. There's always a moment in the game where the tables turn," Kimberly replied.

"Like the time a group was playing, right? And a woman had one card left. But the guy who was filming had a bunch of trick cards. Most were plus 4 and 2, as well as some canceling cards that weren't of the same color. He put them all down while explaining the moves. And the guy won," Luke explained.

"Damn. Sounded like a genius tactic," Ken added.

"Seems about right," Manon said as she placed down a red 3.

[Name] looked at her deck, then the deck before the group as Jamie placed a WILD card in the center. "I'll go with green."

Yes! [Name] threw down a green Uno reverse. "Right back at ya, Jamie!" she laughed.

He groaned playfully and tossed a green plus 2 into the pile. Manon sighed and drew 2 as Lily put a green 7 into the pile of cards facing up. Chun-Li put down a plus 4 WILD card. "Let's go with yellow," she said.

"Already?! Are we that chaotic?!" Ken yelled, drawing 4 cards from the deck that faced down.

Well, he had no yellow cards. "You wanna see chaos?" Luke asked.

He leaned over the table and lightly slapped [Name]'s forehead, causing her to try and hit him, accidentally elbowing Jamie from hoisting herself to the tabletop. "OW–"

He fell back, breaking the back of his chair. "Sorry!!" [Name] exclaimed.

"It's... f-fine... oh shit... owwwwwwwwwwww..."

He got up, taping the chair back together. Lily laughed and watched as Ryu placed his card down after Ken's. Marisa smirked and threw a yellow canceling card down. "Sucks to be you," she said, glaring at Luke with a playful grin.

He rolled his eyes, a sneer on his face. Dee Jay chuckled and played some upbeat music as the game kept going. The blonde-haired male placed a yellow 4 card down. Kimberly placed a yellow 8 card down on the table. Now it was back to Ryu. He snickered and placed a plus 4 down. "Blue," he said, looking at Ken.

The blonde-haired male groaned in frustration and drew 4 cards. He already had almost half of the deck by then. "Hey, let's add to the game," Kimberly said, taking out a bottle of apple juice.

"Whenever someone gets an Uno Reverse, everyone has to drink a shot of apple juice. And when there's a plus 4 or 2, the same rules apply. And the winner gets drenched in said juice. Thank God we have giant jugs!"

The original idea was to use wine or tequila, but since Lily was underage, then it came down to using apple juice. Ken smirked. "I like where this is going," [Name] said, glancing mischievously at Jamie.

"Reminds me of myself with my tea," Jamie commented.

"Says the one who rolls their eyes when someone says you drink freaking booze," Luke said with a smirk.

Jamie sighed, rolling his eyes. "Dumbass! Because we ALL know that it's not true! Anyways, someone please get this bitch out of the game already- Oh wait. No, we wanna get him with the most cards," he said.

"But then I could pull off that one trick the guy used in that YouTube short."

"In your dreams, man."

[Name] listened with a smile on her face. No matter how he acted, it made her smile. Whether he was being chaotic around Luke, kind and generous around her, or full of himself wherever he went, there was some little thing about Jamie that made her heart beat faster. Yeah, she had a crush. A growing one. As the game continued, Chun-Li set down a blue 1, looking at Lily. She smiled brightly and put down a plus two card, looking at Manon. "Shots!" Marisa laughed.

The group each got a glass of apple juice and took a shot, slamming the cup down as one would normally do when finishing a shot of alcohol, or in this case, apple juice. "Ayo, how many rounds are we going for again?" Ken asked.

Dee Jay held up two fingers, a grin still on his face. "Alright then. Two people get splashed with apple juice!"

Ken snickered as he looked at his deck. He had a bunch of trick cards. He memorized the video aforementioned until the man's words were playing in his head. After all, this was like a getaway; he didn't have to worry about running from the authorities. [Name] bit her lip as she looked at the four cards now in her hands. "Heyo, [Name]. Why the worried face?" Jamie asked, wrapping an arm around her.

The gesture made her face go red. "Nothing! It's n-nothing!" she exclaimed.

"Ya sure?"

"Ye-"

By then, it was his turn. Jamie put down a plus 4, smirking. [Name] rolled her eyes and picked 4 cards as Jamie changed the color yet again. The group clapped and filled their apple juice glasses, taking another shot. "Let's go with yellow."

...

Two rounds were played; Ken won the first round, and Lily won the second round. Both had gotten drenched in apple juice for their victories. "I told you that you'd win a round!" Kimberly exclaimed.

She was still overjoyed that it had happened. Finally! Jamie chuckled and put his Pompompurin hoodie on, already getting comfortable in his fluffy onesie. [Name] looked at him, smiling to herself. That gut feeling was still there; Her crush on him. She glanced over to see Chun-Li on the phone, speaking to someone. "What's she up to?" [Name] asked.

"Shi ordering wi food," Dee Jay replied.

"AYO- Food?!" Kimberly exclaimed.

Luke's eyes widened eagerly. [Name] turned her attention to where Chun-Li stood with a phone in her hand. "Specifically pizza a sum soda," Dee Jay added.

Ken's eyes widened as he wrung his jacket from the apple juice Ryu splashed on him earlier. Lily's attention turned from her soaked plush to Dee Jay because of what he mentioned. Even [Name] was excited! Finally, something else to eat other than popcorn and chips!