Chilling wind

Chapter one !!

Fluff!!

Summary: Ralph cold 😱 Jack gives him choir cloak

- - - - - - -

The bitter wind danced across Ralph's soft, smooth skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. He shivered slightly, the cold nipping at him, as a voice broke through the silence like a melodic echo.

"Ralph, are you cold?" Jack's voice cut through the air, laced with both concern and a hint of playful mockery.

Turning around, Ralph stood up, his eyes meeting Jack's curious gaze. "No," he replied, attempting to exude confidence. However, Jack raised an eyebrow, his expression filled with skepticism. He stared at Ralph intently, the corners of his mouth turning upward ever so slightly. "Okay, maybe just a bit," Ralph finally admitted, his shoulders slumping as he plopped down onto the warm sand, his gaze fixed upon the vast expanse of the ocean.

Jack, sensing Ralph's discomfort, whispered awkwardly, "I didn't realize it would get this cold tonight." He sat down beside Ralph, hugging his knees to his chest, his body seeking warmth and solace.

Ralph nodded silently, his eyes still mesmerized by the gentle ebb and flow of the ocean's soft navy blue hue. It was a breathtaking sight, the waves crashing against the shore with a raw intensity that filled the air with a symphony of splashes.

Ralph felt a comforting soft fabric wrap around his bare shoulders, bringing a sense of relief, Ralph shot Jack a questionable but thankful look.

Jack averted his gaze, refusing to meet Ralph's eyes. "You need it more than I do," he muttered quietly, a touch of vulnerability seeping into his voice. But Ralph didn't look away. Instead, he continued to study the features of the taller boy, finding himself drawn to every detail.

Jack's ginger locks cascaded in gentle curls, their softness tempting Ralph's fingertips to explore. Freckles adorned his face and shoulders like a sprinkling of stardust, leaving Ralph wondering just how many constellations he could map out upon Jack's canvas. And those eyes, oh, those piercing dark blue eyes—intimidating yet undeniably captivating. They held an allure that made Ralph's heart skip a beat, their sharpness only enhancing their beauty. Jack's towering stature surpassed that of everyone else on the island, making Ralph ponder how his personality might have fared if not for his commanding height. The thought made Ralph chuckle softly, a mix of amusement and fondness dancing in his eyes.

Pausing for a moment, Ralph took a subtle thought at his own appearance. His dirty blond hair fell effortlessly, framing a face adorned with chocolate brown eyes. Perhaps a few light freckles dotted the bridge of his nose, like delicate constellations of their own.

Turning away from Jack, Ralph's gaze returned to the ocean, its vastness a reflection of the enigmatic depths within his heart. The color of the water reminded him of Jack's eyes—deep, mysterious, and undeniably beautiful. Lately, it seemed that everything around Ralph carried hints of Jack, a feeling that both excited and confused him.

As if drawn by an invisible force, Ralph scooted closer to Jack, his head finding solace on the comforting embrace of the ginger's shoulder. Jack inhaled sharply, a fleeting moment of surprise crossing his features, but he didn't budge an inch. Instead, he instinctively wrapped a freckled arm around Ralph's waist, pulling him in even closer. In that instant, Ralph felt a sense of warmth that transcended the chilly night air, a connection between them that surpassed words and resonated.