Chapter 2

"Hey, Ryu! Are you okay?"

"Nngg…" My shoulders shook, and I came to my senses.

What appeared before me was a face as tough as rock.

"Whoa!" I jumped up in a panic.

It was the guildmaster looking into my face.

"What is it, the guildmaster? Don't startle me." I put my hand on chest as I heaved a sigh.

"I'm the one who should be surprised. Are you all right? You were on the floor just now."

I was one the floor?
Ah! That's right!

I was enveloped by the light of the magic circle activated by the fairy, Oriolen or whatever her name was. ... Damn, I can't remember where it went from there. Was I out cold all this time?

"That's right! Where's the vial? The fairy?" I said as I looked frantically glanced around.

"Huh?" The guildmaster looked at me with concern. "Vials? Fairy? Are you alright?"

"Today's appraisals! Oh, I'm sorry, guildmaster. I accidentally broke one of the vials in the appraisal! Then a fairy came out of the vial and—"

"Ryu, what do you mean by the appraisal items?"

"What?"

"Hey, hey, hey, are you sure you're all right? You didn't come here today with any magic items to appraised, did you? Are you out of your mind?"
"What...?" I looked around the room, but there was not a single broken vial nor was there a small fairy.

"Huh? That's strange. I'm pretty sure I—"

"Ryu, are you sure you're all right? If you want to leave early, I'll allow it."

"I'm… sorry. I was probably sleepwalking. I'm fine now."

He looked at me for a few seconds before sighing. "Alright, but if you feel sick, just let me know, okay? You can always leave early."

What a kind guildmaster.

Anyway, I got up, left the appraisal room, and returned to the quest mediation department.

I took my seat and went back to work.

"Hey, Ryu. Where are you sitting?" the guildmaster asked.

"Yes?"

I'm sitting at my desk. Why do you ask?

"You're the receptionist, remember? You're the only male staff member in the guild besides me."

"Yes?"

"..... Are you sure you're all right, buddy? Maybe you should go home after all."
No, I'm the one who should be asking if you're okay.
What the hell are you talking about, guildmaster?! I'm sure the adventurers are not happy to have an unattractive guy like me sitting in the reception area.

However, no matter how crazy the guildmaster's orders were, I, was working under him, had no choice but to obey them.

Reluctantly, I left the office desk and headed for the reception desk, and when I got there, I was immediately shocked.

Because the hall… was full of women.

Women here. Women there. Women everywhere!

The Adventurers' Guild was filled with bulky men and the stench of male sweat until a few minutes ago.

But the place was now completely overflowing with women. There was no men in sight.

What is this?

Are we going to surprise someone with a birthday party today? If so, why wasn't I informed of it?