Chapter one

It has been my oldest brother and me for as long as I can remember. He worked day and night to ensure that I had a roof over my head and my stomach was filled with proper food. He also made sure that we both did not miss any education. He made sure I only had to study well. But without him knowing I went to do small ad-hock jobs here and there to help reduce his financial burden.
Now my brother is the CEO and owner of a well-known company, Purple. Named by me after my favorite color.
I am still in school finishing my last year at university getting my Masters in Forensic Science. I have always dreamed about being a CSI. My brother was not so supportive of them so he made me take one more master's in business. I will be finishing it soon. My Brother was disappointed when I did not do my internship at his company.
"Good Morning, baby" my brother greets me afterward kissing me on top of my head. He then moves on to cook breakfast and prepare his coffee. Despite becoming rich enough to hire chefs, he prefers to make all my meals. I did once ask him why he did not just hire a chef. His reply was "I love making meals for you. So let me just pamper you with food," he smiled.
He only smiles when I am with him, his assistant and the staffs love it when I drop by the company. That is the only time they see him carefree.
"What time will you be home today?" I asked him as I watch him stirring something in the pot.
"I should be home late tonight. I am going to our neighboring city to check on the branches there.
"Oh," I replied softly. It is his birthday today. I was going to cook and bake a cake for him. I need it to be a surprise.
"Something wrong?" He asks me. I shook my head. Every year he forgets about his birthday.
I started to send a message to his assistant Lim about my plans. He said that he will go along with it.
We finished our breakfast with some chatter here and there.
"You have no classes today?" My brother, Ramiez asked me as I stand behind him, not leaving.
"Nope, it's a home-based lesson today. Just have to attend the video class," I hugged him before he left for the day.