Part 3: Chapter 9

*big boy Eleazar*

"Mum?" Eleazar asked pulling me out of my trance. I looked away from the window as my son. He was looking at me nervously. "Are you afraid? Afraid he's out there?"

I shook my head, "no honey. I was just thinking about something else. I'm not afraid of him. Not anymore."

He didn't believe me. Instead he just handed me his paper. "I'm all done."

"Okay good, tonight is Friday. So I would like you to come home with us okay?"

"You're going home?"

"Yeah, I miss you sister a lot."  I hadn't seen her in over 2 weeks while Marc was keeping me locked up at Hogwarts.

"Okay. I'll go with you."

I smiled and he walked back to his seat. And I didn't completely lie to him. I wasn't thinking about Cerus for once. Instead I was replaying a conversation I had had with the guys one night.

____

"We can just not send him back this time." I was bent over having a panic attack while leaving Sebastian tried to console me. "Avs, it's okay."

We were standing in the astronomy tower where he and Ominis were posted. I had gone to look for him when the panic started.

"You don't get it. We have to send him back. If we don't Ominis dies. Gus could disappear if that past me is directly connected to us. Poppy would be heart broken, you'd be heart broken, Sebastian."

"Then let me go instead." Sebastian said holding me.

"No, I need you. If we do kill him like El has told us, you need to be here. He has to get sent back with Anne." Sebastian rolled his sleeve down and wiped the tears and snot from my face while trying not cry himself.

Ominis stood across from us not looking at us. I could tell he was also extremely conflicted. He didn't want anything to happen to his family but the idea of Eleazar dying even if just for a moment was heart breaking.

"Ava.." Ominis sighed, "let's not send them your kids back. Maybe nothing will happen to them." He turned towards us and his eyes looked so conflicted.

"Ominis, shut up!" Was all I could get out through crying making him give me a sad smile. I stood up straight and straightened out my shirt while taking a deep breath. "When we get close to that time I want one of you to obliviate me."

"Ava?" Sebastian asked concerned while Ominis made a soft shocked sound.

"Don't obliviate everything. Just the memory of him dying. I don't want to remember. Promise me."

Sebastian looked over his shoulder at Ominis so I couldn't see his face. "Av.. I dont."

"Promise me!"

"I promise." Ominis said Before Sebastian could.

"Ominis!" Sebastian hissed.

I ran forward and hugged Ominis. Since becoming a father his hugs were no longer tense. It was like hugging a teddy bear now. Nice and warm. "Thank you, Ominis."

I felt him lay his cheek on top of my head. "Of course.."

______

"Professor Sallow!" A Ravenclaw student raised her hand slowly. "This essay topic doesn't make sense?"

"How would it not make sense- oh Merlins beard please just go to school like a normal student." Anne smirked. "Get up here."

She skipped up to where I was sitting and bent down behind the desk hugging her knees. "You okay?"