prolongue/ Update :,)

HI!
soo um sorry this took forever, ive been having some medical issues. Long story short i might have p.o.t.s, and im trying to get diagnosed and stuff. It  has Not been a fun couple of months 💀. I've aslo been busy with Commissions,trying to find a job,physical therapy, ect, So i haven't had a lot of time to work on this. But i was thinking about adding p.o.t.s to the story- since why not just dump my medical problems onto this. But let me know if thats something you wanna see- well read  ig.

Aslo need to decide on a Quirk- so though some ideas out there and ill look at them. I'll choose the ones i like the best and then you guys can vote on it.

The clouds outside were slowly rumbling, flushing small spouts of light into the dim morning sky. You kept your eyes closed as you slowly woke up, taking in the serene stillness of the room. For a few moments it feels like you're the only one watching, listening to the world before it starts turning. You slowly open your eyes, the room around you still blurry with sleep. You roll your covers closer to your head as you blink your eyes slowly into focus, looking at the window by your bed. The room was dark, but your vision slowly adjusted and you could make out the small sleeping forms of the other children, their chests slowly rising and falling in the darkness.

As your eyes wander the room around you, your mind wanders to an old part of a prayer.

'Thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven.' It was the only part you remembered. The memory of the words were filled with people chanting, and a soft bell that rang after every chant. An old memory that felt like it was so far in the past it didn't feel like your own. A faint flash of light illuminated the room, a small burst of Thunder rumbled outside following it. You've always wondered what those word's ment. It played in your head every time you went to eat, or when things were calm and tranquil like this. It always brings your mind to questions that will never have a straight answer.
'What will happen when I'm done?'

The plates clinked together as you set them on the drying rack. The sound of water running and the other children chatting away as they helped clean up breakfast. The rain outside drummed against the roof in a steady rhythm. As you put the last dish on the drying rack, you dry off your hands and turn to see Mushi, one of the younger kids– struggling with the mop.

"Hey, mushi! Want any help with that? It seems a little big for you." You ask as you walk over to her. She was 6, and the mop basically towered over her when she held it. "No, i got it–" She plopped the mop back into the bucket, slashing [y/n] and herself with mucky water. Your shoes, and her dress both sprayed with water. You stood there for a moment before wiping some of the water droplets off your face and chuckling slightly. Mushi looked down at the floor, her face flushed with embarrassment. Her grip on the mop tightened slightly. "..Sorry.." she mumbled. "Don't worry about it, let me do this and you can go change real fast. Is that ok?" You said with a soft smile, ruffling her olive hair. "Ok–Thank you [y/n]!" Mushi said with a giggle, hanging the mop over to you before she quickly walked off to get changed. You smile to yourself as you watch her walk off. You shook your head with a chuckle and began to mop.

You were walking with the bucket and mop in hand down one of the side passageways. Doors that led to the sleeping rooms on either side of you. The rain had stopped for a little bit, but the clouds still rumbled above them. As you get closer to the end of the Corridor, you hear the soft murmur of voices coming from the main hallway. They were too quiet to hear, but you could recognize One of them as Julia. One of the main caretakers, but the other two were unknown. You soften your footsteps as you begin to edge closer to the end, their voices becoming clearer.

"So these are all the ones above 6?" One of the voices asked. "Yes, would you like to see the kids? Or do you two want to look through those first?" You kept closer, and listened. 'Someone's here to adopt?' You peek your head out from behind the corner and see Julia, and two men.

They both looked tall, but the one with raven hair was just a bit shorter. He had Yellow eyes and looked very… tired. And creepy if you were honest. His face had black stubble, and he had a scar under his left eye with very prominent eye bags. His raven hair was long, and half of it tied up. The taller of the two also had long hair, but his was yellow and tied back into a bun. He had a small mustache that reminded you of the times you put a pencil on your lip and pretend you had a mustache. His red eyes seemed to match the red rectangle frames of his glasses. They both were dressed nicely, the creepy one was dressed in black dress pants, and a white button up with a blue tie. The mustache guy was in the same thing but with a red tie. probably trying to impress the caretakers.

The mustache guy seemed to be doing most of the talking, he held a folder in one hand and used the other like a second mouth as he talked. The 'Creepy' one just mostly stood there with his hands in his pockets, giving his input when needed. As you look at them from afar, the creepy one spotted you analyzing them. You jump slightly, letting out a quiet gasp in surprise as you duck behind the corner, they had stoped talking. peek your head out after a few long moments. As the mustache guy looked through the folder, creepy nugged his arm and used his head to point in your direction. He looked up at you and flashed a smile and a small wave. You put down the bucket and give a shy wave before you picked it back up again and scurried away,Unaware that meeting those men changed your life forever.