prologue + information

ADHURA ALVIDA

transl. - an incomplete goodbye.

-

Separated because of their actions, two long-lost lovers are brought together once again by fate; to work on their flaws and start from scratch. Will they succeed in getting their happily ever after or will his secret break them apart?

Few changes:
1. Manish and Swarna are Akshara's parents.
2. NOT related to the cringe-fest in any way.
3. NOT a six years leap.

Warning:
Mentions of violence, self-harm, mental health issues, and death.

PROLOGUE

Little Abhir was very happy to celebrate his third birthday with his Nanu and Nani. His mother was busy with the preparation and got him a remote control car as a gift. He was happy but wished for his father to be present too, not that he would tell his mother that; she got upset when asked about his father.

Abhir called his grandfather, asking him to come as soon as possible and bring a lot of gifts for him but the call was cut before he could speak anything else.

"Mumma. Nanu cut the call before I could speak anything." Abhir gave the mobile phone to Akshara and looked up at her with his big hazel eyes, the same eyes that…

"What are you saying, betu? Maybe they are on the way to reach here. Why don't you go outside and play, hmm? Don't forget to invite your friends to your birthday party once again." Akshara sent him outside to play and dialed Manish's number again.

"Why aren't you picking up my call papa? Did something happen? Everything is alright, na… I hope you all are okay… he is okay."

Akshara was brought out of her thoughts by Sona, her neighbour. "Where are you lost, beta? Did something happen?"

"Kuchh nahi aunty. All okay. Why don't you sit outside with the guests while I prepare for the birthday celebration." Akshara quickly said and wiped her eyes to get rid of the moisture.

"As you wish. I hope everything is alright." She kept her hand on her shoulder and went outside while Akshara covered her mouth with her palm to muffle her sobs; it was an emotional day for her, it wasn't just her son's birthday today… It was his birthday too.

"Please come back." She kept repeating the words over and over again like a mantra, hoping for him to hear her this once.

• • •

Do vote and comment.

PS - anyone of you remembers this one? 🙃