7

I'd never been on a date where the plan was 100% a surprise. I had low and high expectations at the same time. As soon as I got home from cheer practice, I took a shower, slicked my hair into a low bun, and got started on my makeup.

I was going for a no-makeup, makeup look. Light foundation, concealer, a little bit of sculpting, the usual routine. I wanted to look nice but not over the top.

He told me to dress casually, so I put on a white knit crop top, jeans that had a rip in one leg, and Air Force Ones. I put some gold pave hoops, a few gold bangles, and a nude purse that I borrowed from Naomi.

 I put some gold pave hoops, a few gold bangles, and a nude purse that I borrowed from Naomi

I finished off my look with some Dior Lip Oil and perfume. I normally did Get Ready With Mes on TikTok, but this was one that I wanted to keep to myself. No one needed to know that I was going on dates for real until it got serious. 

I walked outside to a black BMW coupe. Micah got out of the car wearing an Essentials t-shirt, jeans, and some dunks that matched. What really set it off was the gold chain. 

"Hi, you clean up well." I smiled.

He gave me a hug. "You don't look too bad yourself."

Micah opened up the passenger's door for me. "I hope you know that was a joke and you look stunning as always."

That made me smile as the door closed. 

"So Micah, what are we doing?" I asked him as we started to drive.

"Are you in the mood for barbeque, sushi, tacos, or American?" Micah gave me options. 

I thought about it for a moment. "Sushi."

"Same brain." he held up his fist.

I gave him a fist bump. 

"How was practice?" I made conversation 

"Tiring, but I'm sure you know how it is. I am actually surprised that you're coming out with me tonight when tomorrow is a game day." Micah answered.

I let out a small laugh. "Well, that's why I said sushi, I need something that doesn't make me feel heavy."

"To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that I'm going out too, but I'll trust you this time." I added.

 He nodded. "See the goal is to get you to trust me all the time."

"That's going to take time." I reminded him.

"I know, Ro. I know you're a busy girl and I'm a busy guy, but I am always going to make time for you." he reminded me.

I grinned. "You're smooth. Too smooth sometimes."

"What can I say? I try." Micah looked over at me. "How long have you been cheering?"

I noticed that he had gorgeous brown eyes. They weren't super light, but they were noticeably brown.

"I was actually a competitive gymnast until I was about thirteen. I was on the taller side for gymnastics, so skills weren't coming to me as naturally as they did for the other girls, so I quit and tried all-star cheer and it clicked, so after that, I never looked back." I answered his question.