A Night To Remember

As I make my way towards the palace, I smell it. The stench of blood. Wrinkling my nose to the smell, I step inside the doors and watch as they shut behind me. Turning and looking out across the sea of vampires was nauseating. Just years ago, I was here as a human, now as a vampire. Making my way down the stairs, the room grows quiet as everyone watches my every move. Judging me. My emerald green gown was puffy and was in modern fashion. A horrible choice for such an ancient ritual however it's what I'm comfortable in. My feet scurry across the marble floor, as I make my way down the stairs. I can see eyes of suspicion and curiosity in the crowd. I try to keep my composure but inside I'm trembling. Whispers of my whereabouts have been going around for years now but here I am, back to the palace again. Taking my steps off the stairs and onto the cold marble floor, with the silent eyes suffocating me, I make my way to a back corner, away from these beasts. Tucking my gown into the corner was a hassle. 'Why do we have to wear dresses of all things?!' I shouted in my head. Taking a sigh, I relax.
"Beautiful night, isn't it?" I turn to look towards the voice.
"I suppose," I admit.
"Would you like to dance?" He asks.
"Fine, lead the way." I say taking the gentlemen's hand. As he leads me to the floor, I take a glance at him. His raven  hair is slicked back and he is dressed in mid-1800's fashion. The main thing to stand out was his eyes, one being sapphire blue and the other, crimson red. Shaking off my stare, I set my body in front of him and started to dance.
Gliding through the dance floor was magical. The waltz was smooth with the twirls and frolicking around us. Happiness sang from the air as we waltzed around the ballroom. Time seemed to have stopped when we were dancing. Only thing that brought me back into reality was the whispers of the prince on the floor. Looking around, I scan the crowd for him.
"What are you looking for?" The man in front of me breathed.
"The prince," I say, glancing around once more, before he abruptly spins me away facing opposite from the crowd.
"Don't focus on others" He replies sharply.
"Why?" I question.
"Because," he says as he spins me once more, this time away from the crowd, into a different room. He lets my hand go as he walks towards the throne in the room and grabs the crown.
"He's right in front of you." He says taking a seat on the throne.
"What?" I say confused
"Right here!" He says, gesturing to himself. "The one and only! Prince Alistair! The all mighty!" He laughs finishing with a smirk before everything went black.