SFW; Eve Angst

Evelyn sits at her desk with some paperwork in front of her. She's signing a report about the attempted incursion into the Traveler portal, marking off the Titans' ship from the register. Nolan fluttered over with a plastic bag, carrying a sub sandwich.

Nolan; "You should take a lunch break, you know. You've been working nonstop since 6."

As soon as the sandwich bag touched down on the desk, Eve formed a small razor on her finger with Stasis and sliced the bag open, proceeding to make the blade longer and cutting the sandwich in half.

Eve; "This report isn't gonna write itself, Nolan."

She picked up the sandwich with one hand and aggressively bites it down, using her other hand to conjure a Threadling and compensate as a second hand. Nolan watched her a moment before letting out a sigh and angling himself at the Threadling. He rushed forward and slammed into the Strand creature, knocking it off the desk and off the Tower. Eve watched it fall down and dropped her sandwich as soon as it impacted the wall, shouting in pain.

Eve; "Ow! The hell's the matter with you?"

Nolan; "I could ask the same."

Eve stared at him a moment before letting out a sigh and picking up her sandwich off the grate, pouting when she saw a pickle slip out of the grate.

Eve; "... We're gonna find a way to go after the Witness, I'm sure of it. I don't know how. I don't know when... But I know we're gonna do it, more than likely. And you know what? We're probably not gonna be done after that."

Nolan; "You can't know that."

Eve; "Oh, I *do* know! Remember Ghaul? We thought we were done with the Cabal after that. Oryx, we thought the Taken were done for! Fikrul, whether or not he's dead, wasn't the end of the Scorn!"

She finally stood from the desk with a growl, fists clenched and starting to grow over with Stasis.

Eve; "Eramis wasn't the last of House Salvation, and I *guarantee* you, Xivu Arath isn't the last of the Hive! **It never ends!**"
.
She attempted to gesticulate with her hands, but realized her hands were frozen over, and smashed them free against the railing, but Nolan remained unmoved.

Eve; "If you think for one *second* The Witness will be the last of our problems, you're sorely mistaken!"

She took a few deep inhales before going back to sit at the desk, the anger in her face relaxing to a somber expression.

Eve; "... I'm tired, Nolan. I'm tired of fighting to keep this city safe. I'm ready for it to be over."

She let out a sigh and picked up the sandwich with both hands, her eyes fluttering.

Eve; "I'm just... tired."

Nolan nodded gently, watching Eve free up a hand to put herself on an hour-long lunch break, even as the sun began to dip below the horizon.