We Dance!

Vermillion warriors were attacking Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts, most of the ninja fighting them. Students and staff alike were running around, hoping to get away from the snakes.

Bennie and Ryan were gone faster than the wind, Micah staying behind to change into better shoes before taking off as well. The three thought Cole would be just right behind them.

Their instructor, Ms. Plantagenet, stayed to make sure her students were all out of the classroom. She and Cole were the last two left when snakes had started grabbing people.

Cole was about to run toward the snakes when Ms. Plantagenet grabbed his arm. "We need to get out of here."

"I know. But we've gotta help the people."

"We do not fight, Cole. We dance!"

Cole made eye contact with her, his expression softening. "I have to help."

"There's nothing you can do."

He gently freed himself from her grasp. "Doesn't mean I can't try." He took off running toward the fight.

Cole rammed through several Vermillion warriors. He had gotten faster and stronger from his ninja training. The snakes slithered up his body, causing him to shudder. He pushed through.

There was only one thing on his mind:

Help these people and get them out of here.

He didn't care if he got hurt or not. Cole wanted to know his classmates and friends wouldn't get hurt when he could do something to prevent it.

"Guys, where's Cole?" Micah asked when he caught up to the twins.

"I thought he was following us."

"I haven't seen him since the attack started. Do you think he got hurt somehow?"

"I hope not."

"Should we wait for him or go back?"

"I don't know, Ben," Ryan started to pace. "He could get himself hurt, but so could we."

"Cole could probably hold himself in a fight. He did say he used to get in a lot of them when he first started at Marty's."

"He did?"

"Yes. He's told us a few times."

Cole punched through a Vermillion and kicked away its helmet. He helped the person it had attacked back onto his feet.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He dusted himself off. "Thanks."

"Any time."

The student ran off. Cole sighed, turning his attention back to the Vermillion that had started to reform. He readied himself for the fight.

The snake attacked first, the two snake heads on the top opening to bite him. Cole narrowly missed the attack, jumping up and kicking it's head. The helmet didn't come off, but it did spin to cover the face.

It hissed angrily. Its teeth sunk deep into Cole's arm, causing him to groan out in pain. He punched the warrior, causing it to explode into a lot of small snakes. He did a little bow before he grabbed the helmet and took off with it. 

"Cole!" Jay's voice rang out. 

Cole turned around, seeing the blue ninja. His heart skipped a beat when he saw his celerity crush. "Jay!" 

The two ran to each other, meeting each other in the middle. Cole easily picked Jay up and spun him around, getting a giggle from the younger. 

"Put me down!"

Cole set Jay down. "Are you hurt at all?"

Jay shook his head. "I'm fine. But you're bleeding."

"I'll be fine. We have work to do."

"Whoever beats the least buys the other dinner?"

"Oh, you're on."

The two ended up tying, so they both bought the other food. They sat down on a bench in the park, both tired and beat up. 

"Oh golly, I hate those stupid snakes."

"Oh golly?"

"Oh, shut up."

Cole laughed, taking a bite of his sandwich. "But, I agree. They're so annoying."

"You going to be okay?"

"Yeah. They only bit me once and nothing's happened. I'll be fine."

"If you say so. You've gotten a lot better at fighting."

"I have great teachers."

"Yeah, you do!"