Chapter : 21

Damon was shuffling down the halls of the school . He was in a bad mood and on top of that he was dying of sleep, but of course, he knew that he deserved that and more . The day before, after leaving half-naked in search of Max, he returned to his house to get dressed, get on his motorcycle and go to the little elf's house. 

Unfortunately he was not there, he did not answer the calls and he did not read the messages that he sent him.  Damon suspected that Max was at Ben's house and knew that they lived nearby, although he didn't know exactly where the Ben's residence was, so he preferred to go home and continue trying to communicate with Max. 

Added to that, he had to endure the lecture that his mother gave him and the slap that Fallen gave him when he told them what he had said to Max . To finish closing the day with a ' golden finish ' , he could not sleep because of guilt. 

And that morning he had not started in the best way . He failed to start the motorcycle to go to school which caused him to be an hour late and had to stay an hour off the road as punishment . It seemed that karma did exist . Perhaps worst of all, he didn't share a single class with Max, which had prevented his from seeing him so far this day. 

So when he heard the bell that announced lunch, he ran straight to the canteen, expecting to run into that blue-eyed boy.  It was useless , he was not there . He walked with slumped shoulders until he reached the table where his friends were.

" Hey " He greeted them without much encouragement. 

"Wow " Scott stared at him in surprise. " You look like shit. "

" Thank you, you don't know how much I needed to hear that . The truth hurts, right ? "

Lucas as always hitting the point.  Damon snorted in annoyance and decided to change the subject. 

" By the way, have you seen Maxwellth?  " He tried to keep his voice from sounding so affected but he knew he failed when his friends stared at him carefully. 

"No." Lucas said.  " Why are you looking for it ? Oh wait ! You finally realized that acting like a jerk isn't getting you anywhere. "

" Please Lucas , I'm not playing! " He ran a hand through his hair. " What I least need right now are your sarcastic comments. "

"Fine, fine. " Lucas smiled mischievously. " We haven't seen him and neither has Jason Cooper.”

He raised an eyebrow with feigned curiosity.

“ Do you think the captain and Max have planned a romantic date ?"

Damon felt his heart skip a beat and he began to look in all directions until his gaze fell on the table that the captain usually occupied, Damon grunted in annoyance. 

" Jason is sitting at his table."

" I know " Lucas laughed. " I just wanted to watch you panic.  "

Scott cleared his throat, getting the attention of both boys before Damon thought to hit Lucas. 

" I think Max didn't come to school and maybe he's with Ben , because I haven't seen him either. "

Damon closed his eyes and mentally cursed . He needed to talk to Max and clear things up once and for all because he felt like with every minute that passed, his chances to redeem himself were running out . He suddenly had an idea. 

" Call him " Damon asked Lucas, he was more likely to answer him. 

"Max?"

"No, your father. " he said irritably.  " Of course Maxwellth! "