8. A Hard Conversation

Atticus:

He had gone around in the car for two hours. Rose and Fenix were in the rear seats, speaking and laughing. I almost couldn't bear it.

"Then you can see magic, and how is the magic?" she asked him.

"Depends, different types of magic produce different effects, colors, textures, and patrons. For example, it's like a red soft light when Atticus uses Domination, and Lucas has his spirit around him with a bear shape, although it isn't always visible."

"Wait a sec, you said that you can see from childhood. Then, did you know that I'm a werebear?" Lucas said,

"Well, not at first but your aura grew with age and I noticed when you were 8 years old."

"And why did you say nothing?" Lucas asked.

"Firstly, for my grandmother. She didn't want me near supernatural things, he almost had a heart attack when she noticed that you were a shapeshifter. I'm sorry to disappear, but she was having a very bad time and I didn't want to hurt her more," Fenix said.

"And what do you do to change your mind? Are you not worried about your grandmother anymore?" I asked.

Lucas hit my leg and shook his head. I looked at Fenix through the view mirror again, he had a sad face.

"Well, she passed away at the last mouth. I didn't think to get in trouble, but I dunno I saw alarm spells in the forest and I was dying to know what you were doing."

Rose put her hand over his shoulder. "I'm sorry for your loss. If you want, I can help you to contact her."

He smiled at her ."Thanks, but I prefer to let her rest. If she sees me with a witch, she will never go to the other side. I think that I made this for another reason," he said.

"Why?" Lucas asked.

"Well, this going to sound a little stupid, but I felt alone. I couldn't speak with anyone about the world, my world. It's better we change the issue I don't wanna kill the mood," he looked at Rose. "Although I don't want the seance, there is a favor that you could do for me."

"Tell me," she answered.

Rose's sweet attitude with him was driving me crazy.

"I felt bad for Kevin. He did his job well, but concealment spells are easy to avoid if you can see them. You should let him cure appropriately."

"What the hell. Rose knows how to treat her people. You don't have to tell her what should do," I said.

All of them looked at me. Rose seemed angry. "Of course, I know, and I'm going to pay attention to Fenix's recommendation. Being harsh is not the same as being unfair."

I'm pretty sure that she said this to make me angry.

"I'm hungry," Lucas yelled suddenly. "I'm going to park in the hamburger joint next to the school and take something, okay?" he said this part more calmy. We were silent until he parked, "Fenix helps me with the order."

"Okay, but what do you want?" Fenix said looking at Rose and me.

"A strawberry milkshake," Rose said still angry.

"And you Atticus. Can you eat normal food?"

"Of course, I can. So smart and don't know the difference between myth and reality."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Whatever. I don't want anything."

He got out of the car and closed the door. Lucas looked at me upset.