one

SADIE'S POV

I just told my mother I was lesbian and she sent me to an gay asylum. She beat me up and tried to knock sense into my head which obviously didn't work. 'You should be happy I'm sending you there, maybe they can knock some sense into your brain.' She said cockily. I rolled my eyes and felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I had a bruise on my eye which caused me to groan in pain. 'Fuck you.' I said with difficulty. She stopped the car and turned to me. I didn't dare to turn back at her. She slapped my cheek hard and I held my cheek in pain. 'Don't ever disrespect me like that again.' I nodded softly. 'Speak!' she screamed in my face. 'Y-yes ma'am.' I said stuttering. She started the car again and drove to the asylum.

Once we got there I grabbed my bags out of the bag and got out of the car. She immediately drove off and left me there alone. An employee there led me to a room. 'You will be sharing this with a girl.' He said. I nodded and walked in. The girl turned around and looked at me right in the eyes. She had fear in her eyes and she put her head in her hands. 'She has a fear of persons. Her parents abused her.' The employee spoke. I nodded and went over to my bed to put my stuff there. The employee nodded and left.

I immediately went over to the girl and I could see her eyes through the spaces of her fingers. I smiled softly and spoke. 'Hey, I'm Sadie. What's your name?' She put her hands away and looked at me. She hesitated for a moment but spoke anyway. 'M-Millie.' Her voice had a beautiful accent and it made me all soft inside. I smiled and grabbed a box of cigarettes out of my pocket. 'Want one?' I asked. She nodded softly and I handed her one. I grabbed my lighter and handed her it. She smiled softly.