Chapter 17

Meredith

The door opens and Derek walks into my office.

"Did your head get bigger?" Amelia says as she looks at him. His hair looks disheveled and his face is tired.

"Shut up Amy," he says as he walks around the office and over to me.

"Long day?" I ask as I push my chair out to him.

"Yes, stand up," he tells me.

"You know I'm your boss right? This is my office," I say.

"I don't care Mer, stand up," he says. I roll my eyes and stand up.

He sits down in my chair and I go to walk away before he pulls me in by my waist and sits me down on his lap.

"You can feel your legs again then?" I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yes, you didn't tell me how hard going to work would be after being home for so long," he says.

"I did tell you," I kiss him. "Multiple times," I Kiss him again.

"Ugh, you guys are going to be gross again, the one good thing about thinking Derek was dead for 8 years was i never had to see you two suck faces," she rolls her eyes.

"And I have some paper work to finish up," I say before kissing him again.

"That's fine, I'll wait," he says.

He turns the chair back to my desk so I can finish my work. He presses the side of his face to my back as I sign somethings.

"Do you think Kai and I are a good couple? I mean Link broke up with Jo for whatever reason and now he wants to get back together but Kai also wants to work things out," Amelia says.

"I don't know, who made you happier?" I ask her, keeping my eye on my work.

"Kai, but I had also never been with someone who had a vagina before so I'm not sure if it was just because I liked eating pussy instead of sucking a dick or if They actually made me happy," she says.

"Okay what the hell is wrong with you? Why the hell would you say that with me in the room?" Derek groans into my back. I giggle.

"Because I'm serious, I don't know if it was just that or because I actually loved them," she says.

"You're disgusting," he presses his face back into my back.

"You act like I didn't walk in on you going down on Mer literally two days ago, you can't talk," she says.

"I told you to knock on my door now that Derek's home," I say.

"Well I forgot, it's not an easy habit," she says.

"Well then shut up if you don't want to knock," Derek says.

"Whatever. Mer Are you going to tell him or what?" She says.

"Tell me what?" Derek asks.

"Nothing. Amelia shut up," I say.

"I'm just saying nows a good time," she shrugs.

Then there's a knock at the door. Amelia sits up a bit and looks out the window behind her to see who's at the door.

"Its your other boyfriend," she says.

"Come in!" I say.

"Why would you do that?" Amelia says as the door opens.

"Meredith can I talk to you for a second?" He asks.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Shouldn't you call her chief Grey instead of Meredith?" Amelia says. Nick rolls his eyes.

"Alone," he says.

"Of course," I say. I try to stand up but Derek doesn't let go of my waist.

"Derek, it's just work, I promise. I'll tell you what he wanted when I come back," I say. He lets go of my waist and I kiss him before I stand up and walk past nick and outside of my office.

Derek

Meredith leaves the office and I stay in her chair.

"when did you and Meredith become so close? last I remember you two hardly knew each other and Meredith wasn't the biggest fan of you," I say.

"Meredith didn't like me when I lived with you guys?" she asks.

"Your own family doesn't even like you, what makes you think Meredith would?" I ask.

"Because she likes me now, and a lot has happened in the eight years you were gone. Meredith and I went through a patch where we hated each other, she said some horrible things I said some horrible things but we eventually made up and now she's better than my real sisters," she says.

"Really? you prefer Meredith over Lizzie?" I ask.

"Yes, you don't?" she says.

"I prefer Meredith over anyone, no offense," I say.

"Don't worry, I don't like you either," she says.

after a few minutes Meredith walks back into the room.

"How'd it go?" Amelia asks.

"did you tell Nick?" she asks Amelia.

"tell him what?" she asks. "what you were asking me if I told Derek about, did you tell Nick?" she asks.

"No, why?" Amelia says. "Because apparently he had a dream about it, he..." she says before she smiles.

"he had a dream that him and I were a family," she and Amelia start laughing.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" I ask as they continue laughing.

"Nothing, it's nothing," she giggles as she walks back over to me as she calms down.

"No, why would Nick have a dream of you two having a family?" I ask as she sits down on my lap again.

"I'll tell you when we get home," she kisses me before she starts working again.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•