Chapter 63

Another week has passed and you were feeling worse and worse. You hardly had the strength to go downstairs to the cafeteria, or even eating something. Since the incident, no one talked to you, which made you sure that this was the right decision, not to tell anyone. It felt like the old days when you were the outsider.

Not even Fire inquired about you in any way or wrote to you, which is why you gave him space at some time.

Back in your room, you sat down at your desk and started writing some letters. They were like little goodbye letters, where you just wanted to thank the others, even if they hurt you.

You collected all the things in a small box and put the "All about him <3" book and the box with the ring in another small box.

Your whole upper body was already cracked and you were starting to feel dizzy. Since you no longer knew how long you will hold out, you wanted to give him at least the box already.

*Copia's pov*
You were already a little annoyed by Aice, that she just doesn't show up anymore. Rain came to your office at some point upset and told you that he wanted to attack Aice and she was just defending herself like she always said. He didn't know why he didn't come to you right away, something was depressing the whole church, which caused a strange atmosphere to spread. Which also affected you. Everyone was kind of sad, but didn't want to talk and just accepted it.

You immediately felt guilty that you had insulted Aice like that. You wanted to apologize, but her aura right now was more like she just wants to be left alone and is still disappointed in us, which I can understand so you gave her room.

Today was band practice again. You came a little late because you had to do something, but luckily everyone was there and you could start right away. "Well, let's get started." you tried to dispel the tough mood. "Is Aice still not here?" you looked at the others, who avoided your gaze. "It's kind of no fun to play music without her...can't we have band practice another time?" came Sunshine suddenly from behind Fire.

"I tried talking to her once.... it can't go on like this anymore," you said as you exhaled deeply and grabbed your forehead.

Just as you were about to leave the room, she suddenly stood in front of the door. "Aice?" you asked, confused. "Here... this ehm... I wanted to give you... I'm just not feeling so well right now... I'm sure I'll be back at band practice soon." she sounded weak as she handed you a small box and then left. The others were just as confused as you when Aice suddenly appeared at the door. You then sat down together and opened the box.

Inside the box itself were many letters. It turned out to be one for each of you. Fire was the only one to get a box. Nervously you opened the letters and started to read them, when it became very quiet.

*Fire's pov*
With a quick pulse you opened the box, where there was also a letter inside. Also in the box was a book and a small box. Nervously you opened the letter and started to read.

"I'm sorry Fire.
I'm sorry I couldn't be the girlfriend you deserved.
You just took me as I am without doubting anything. You showed me what true love is and how great it feels to be loved by you. But I screwed up and never gave it back to you.

When I was working on my strength with Terzo, I was so focused that I forgot about you, which I hate myself for. Really. I wanted to become strong, but I forgot my main source of becoming strong in the first place. You. Without being aware of it. Only in the evening, before our anniversary, I realized it.
I don't know if you have seen the little box in the carton. It fell into my hand when I was cleaning my room. Since the last tour I wanted to propose to you, because I wanted to make something even more special out of us. But I never dared or found the right time.
I was on the way to you that evening to finally dare, but there Rain attacked me before you then knocked me off him.
I knew you were mad at me, too, which is why I wanted to give you space. But it seemed like you wanted to get away from me completely, so now I think it's over between us.
I will always be attached to our love even if you don't. I just didn't do my job as a girlfriend and I am sorry for that. Also for all the drama.

My face started to tear up...but yours didn't...it looked normal. You must have tricked the ghoul love by hating me that you weren't attached to it. And I realized how stupid I was for only coming to you when I needed you. No wonder your face still looks normal. I am such a disappointment.

The thing in the box I wanted to give you, I don't know why, but it might be better off with you.

What I actually wanted to tell you with the letter. No matter how many times I disappointed you, you just took it and moved on. But this time I went too far without realizing that you can't and don't have to take it anymore.

I am a danger to you, which is why I just don't fit here. That is also why now my time has come to go. The love has destroyed me... the love destroys the master.

If you are mad at me, you will forget me and your face will probably not tear up like mine will today.

Air."

Tears blurred with Air's handwriting. Quickly you put all the things aside and ran out of the studio. With quick steps, you rushed up the stairs to Air's room and burst in. You found her unconscious on the floor.

You quickly knelt down to her and put her torn face in your lap. Your heart began to ache at the sight and all the false misunderstandings on both sides.

"Please... Air...it's Fire...I'm so sorry..." your tears landed on her face, traveling along her cracks.

She halfway waked up a bit and looked at you confused. "Hey...I'm here...and I love you...so much." you whisper over and over again hoping she'll catch on somehow.