Prologue

(So! Plan is. This is when they met and the few days after so. And thennn it'll get to when they buy Chise😌
Hehe and I would like to take the time
To thank my friend @midnightace88 for the title cover🥹)

The chains. They were heavy around her wrists and neck. They left an aching burn where they sat, it itched. She was so small compared to the other mages. They looked down upon her, quite literally.
With a heavy sigh she walked over to the window, the one place she felt safest. Climbing up with a struggle, as always, and sitting tucked in a blanket and hidden from the cruel world.
The blue sky was crystal clear and beautiful, a sight she loved to see after a stressful day. The remaining Mages didn't want her around them due to her small stature and fragile body. She was weaker than the others, so incredibly shy it was a wonder she didn't fall apart around the others.
Until that one day.
The day wasn't anything different. The day was just apart of her normal days. Her chains were just as heavy, just as incredibly itchy. Her gaze was locked on the window to the outside world, hiding herself from the world before she felt a gentle hand.
Her jump truly showed how horrible she was treated. She nearly fell off the window seal. He was quick to steady her, his gaze watching as she looked at him slightly before looking back outside.
"The sky is lovely today, don't you think?"
His gentle voice rang. She didn't speak, her gaze unmoving from the window.
"Ainsworth. She isn't worth the time, no one wants her."
Another mage, a much older one, hummed to the young Elias. Elias refused to budge, he was oddly drawn to just this one.
"Come, we have better." The oldest mage whispered to him.
"Possibly, later." Elias nodded while continuing to stand by the young mage.
"Kazuk has no worth. For she is simply to weak for anything."
Kazuk flinched at the words, but a sound never left her.
"5 thousand." Elias hummed.
Both the old mage and Kazuk stared at him in shock.
"The auction is tonight. Not now." The old mage hummed lowly after a brief pause of silence. Walking away as Kazuk continued to stared at Elias. He gazed down at her, watching as she quickly looked away from him.

9:00 pm

The auction. Oh she hates this time. But Elias was there challenging other people if they bidded higher than him.
"3 million."
"6 million." He state calmly.
"10 million."
"50 million." Kazuk jumped at the price. Staring straight at Elias. The chains were beginning to burn.
"And we're done." The auctioneer stated, very bored with the conversation.

The lobby
"What is your name?" He said softly while crouching down to her height, gently unlocking her chains and tilting his head at her.
"Kazuk. After my father." She whispered.
"That's a nice name. My name's Elias, Elias Ainsworth." He said gently as he raised his veil. Kazuk stared at him, rubbing her wrists.
"Why spend 50 million on a weak mage? Why fight the other?" She questioned while looking up at him fully.
"You might be weak, yes. But that's because you haven't been taught how to handle magic. Let alone your own." Elias stated before pulling her against himself.
The spell he spoke was odd. So she didn't think much of it, until thorns shot out.
She let out a yelp, clinging to his arm tightly as she stared at the vine dangerously close to her foot.
And then in a flash, they stood in front of a beautiful house. She tugged the chain around her neck nervously, yelping softly as he gently tapped it.
"Would you like it removed?" He said gently. She stared at him, a short nod answering his question.
"You won't feel a thing." Elias spoke softly as he tapped the chain, Kazuk watched as it disappeared in her hands.
"There you go. All free."
"Thank you." She whispered before looking towards the house.
"It's a beautiful house." Kazuk nodded while looking towards him again.
"Come, I'll take you inside." Elias said gently as he held out his hand. Kazuk stared at it before taking it and following him.
It was odd, being treated so nicely by a mage. She wasn't used to it, nor would she ever really grow used to it.
"Silver! May you please run some water, Kazuk here would most likely like a bath." Elias called out. The women nodded, smiling at Kazuk before walking towards the bathroom. Kazuk continued holding Elias' hand, liking the feeling of the much larger hand around hers. It felt nice. Like her blanket she kept wrapped around her.
"Come, I'll show you your room."
Kazuk gazed up at him as he led her up the stairs, when he noticed she tired he picked her up. Holding her gently in his arms as he continued the walk up the steps.
"Do you tire easily?" He questioned softly.
"Since I'm so small, sometimes." She answered truthfully. Elias made a humming sound.
She couldn't do a lot of things due to her height. But she never truly let it stop her.
"Here is your room. It isn't to far from mine, so if you ever need me I'm right here." Elias said gently.
Kazuk nodded, rubbing her face gently. Elias watched her, sensing something different about this 'human.' She felt of a mage, but took the appearance of a human.
Striking white hair, eyes a dull red. A small and lean body. It was a wonder how she was still alive.
"Alright. Now time for a shower." Elias nodded. Kazuk made a small squeaking sound, staring up at him as he walked down the stairs and to the bathroom.
"Wait wait wait, you aren't going to stay are you?" She said quickly as he sat her on her feet.
"Do you know how to work this bath?" He questioned, holding the back of her shirt.
"No."
"Then yes." He answered innocently.