Life Imitating Art - Part 1

A/N: Ok, let me start off by saying this will be a collab fic between Beth (the genius behind TaT) and I. I have written this first part in the spur of the moment because I loved the idea of the au meme so much.

Since Beth and I already have very time-consuming fics to write, we're going to take our time with this.

But since people are posting it here without our permission, we decided that I post it here as well.

At this point we can't say when we'll continue so please don't harrass us about updates. Thank you.

Based on this: http://dopecabello.tumblr.com/post/72481383941/au-meme-hollywood-famous-actresses-lauren

-

Laurens POV

I was sitting in the waiting area, reading some of my emails on my phone and trying to distract myself from the nerves that were flaring up nonstop. Never had I been this anxious before an audition. Technically, it wasn't an audition. I already had the part but I had been asked to come in for a so-called "chemistry-read". This wasn't unusual either but the project was very near and dear to my heart.

Trials and Tribulations had been a bestseller. The fact that I myself had been inspiration for the wonderful piece of literature was still unbelievable. It was daunting to take on one of the two lead roles because I might run danger of never shedding the role. Until now, I had been confident in the choices I had made for my career. My previous characters had been a variety of rather darker personalities in independent movies. I was critically acclaimed for those and had avoided big blockbuster movies. The story about two young girls falling in love with each other could be my breakthrough into a whole new world of exposure. Sometimes I wondered if I was really ready for that. But there was no way to actually know until I tried it. And if there was one role I would be connected to for the rest of my life, then it would have to be the one of the softball-playing teenager.

I heard someone coming through the door and looked up immediately. My eyes focused on the younger actress who was going to be my co-star in the movie: Camila Cabello; also inspiration for her original character in the book. Since everyone had probably pictured us while reading the novel, we were the most obvious choices to bring the character to life for the movie. Neither of us could decline the offer to play the young couple who faced so many obstacles.

This was the first time I met her. She was more popular than I was, since she starred in her own Disney series but we had never crossed paths until now. Even though we were in the same business, we had very divergent niches. But that didn't mean I was biased because I had seen the 16 year-old in interviews where she displayed a great amount of intellect and personality in general. Her occupation in a more bubbly side of the industry was not something I judged her on. There was a reason she was the inspiration for the same-named character that had touched so many hearts.

"Hey", I greeted with a big smile and got up immediately as she approached me.

"Hi", her high-pitched voice responded but she looked nervous while coming closer.

"It's so nice to finally meet you", I said truthfully and closed the distance between us by hugging her gently. I was a hugger and not particularly shy when it came to meeting new people.

"Oh my God, same here. I am such a big fan of yours", the brown-eyed said with an amount of excitement that made me grin.

"Aw, thank you. I love your work so I am really excited to do this", I responded and saw her smiling. Wow, what a smile! My eyebrow lifted unknowingly when she flashed that impeccable smile and ran one hand through her long hair. Now I understood why her fans were so infatuated with her. Not that I didn't before but her actual presence was special. She had that star quality everyone always talked about. I had rarely met someone who had that kind of an appeal right of the bat; and I had met a lot of actors by now.