[OG]01: A new World [STR]

Maihark, Principality of Qua Toyne

It was a completely normal day in the city of Maihark. The sun was shining, the birds were signing and all was good in the world.

The 6th Wyvern Squadron continued their activities as planned, conducting a training exercise in order to prepare for a possible war with the Kingdom of Louria to the west. The populous was completely undisturbed by any sort of flying objects, and all in all, it seemed like a normal day for the citizens of the country.

In fact, the day was going so well, that no one noticed the mysterious black dot that travelled at almost ludicrous speeds through the air

.....

If there was one thing humans had an edge in, it was their reconnaissance

Information warfare was what kept humanity in the fight as long as it did. Despite not having the brute force of her adversaries, the Children of Gaea knew how to apply that force where it hurt the most.

The symbol of this edge was none other than the SR-71 Blackbird

Despite the design being over forty years old, the Blackbird was the premier choice for strategic reconnaissance for the Terran Remnant. The plane was sleek, it was fast, and unless you were travelling straight through a Heaven-fleet, night-invincible.

It was this aircraft, the fastest humanity had to offer, that flew over the mysterious continents to the north and south of where the isles of Japan were transported to, snapping pictures of the continent and other points of intrest.

These planes were a part of a concentrated Terran information-gathering effort named Operation Seer, which included spy aircraft, signal intelligence ships and even human infiltrators. These assets secretly observed the New World, with its inhabitants being none the wiser

Little did they know, a new power was about to make their grand entrance

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two Months Later
Earth Defense Coordination Centre, Tokyo

The Earth Defense Coordination Headquarters was abuzz with activity

Ever since the event, now dubbed by the media as "The Transference", the government of the Remnant had been working harder than ever, mostly figuring out the kinks of "getting transferred to another world" worked out. This came in the form of figuring out what to do after the entire Remnant's existence was invalidated by the virtue that three empires of mind boggling power were no longer trying to genocide humanity.

Luckily for the Remnant, splitting off into a dozen nation-states again was out of the question because it turns out even though people of different ethnicities were involved, fighting a total war against several empires that wish to make you either a pile of ash, a horribly mistreated slave or a deranged psychopath's guinea pig for the past 20 years tends to make people friends.

Unluckily for the Remnant however, there were a dozen other questions that needed answering, such as

"What do we do about the food crisis?"

"What will happen to the draft?"

"Will we be able to focus on civilian goods now that the war is pretty much over?"

. . . and many many others.

And while in the Old World, speeches and majority decisions would be what decided the questions of the day, two decades of war had necessitated that such questions instead be answered by blood and iron.