Chapter: twenty two

(Hello again! Sorry for the cliffhanger but we're back! Hope you enjoy)

POV by devil:

Everyone in the room was silent for a minute before my brother, Beelzebub cleared his throat. "Uh, yes" "we should probably discuss that" he said awkwardly, looking at me. I nodded, looking at him intently.

I heard dice shuffle in his seat uncomfortably. I frowned slightly. Paimon then spoke up, "what Lucifer does with mortals shouldn't be any of our businesses" "it's not like he actually cares about them anyways" he said side eyeing dice.

I tilted my head at him, "but I do!" I exclaimed angrily. He turned to me and looked shocked, everyone else did too. Henchmen was preparing for yelling but it never came. Stickler then cleared his throat.

"Excuse me! I would like to read out of the book, please" he said properly, everyone turned to him. "Sure, go ahead" Beelzebub said smiling kindly at him. Stickler pulled out his book and flipped through it, he then pointed to a page.

He cleared his throat again, "when it comes to mortals and demon's relationships they must be strictly professional. Demons must do their jobs to trick mortals into giving up their souls" "any demon no matter what rank, can't treat mortals like their one's own" he states then closes the book.

Henchmen grimaces at him, stickler turns to him. "What?" He asks him, henchmen awkwardly looks at dice and me then turns back to him. He then leans over and whispers, "but they don't have a just professional relationship! That's what this whole thing was about.." he said nervously.

Stickler nodded, "I'm aware, hold on" he said opening the book again and looking through it. Paimon nodded, "and this is professional" he said proudly. I groaned and shook my head, "no it isn't!" I yelled angrily. Asmodeus laughed, "guys you think I would have told you this if it was just professional?" He asked the group.

Paimons eyes widened as he stared at me in shock. "What?!" He exclaimed angrily. Henchmen then grabbed stickler and ducked under the table. Stolas grabbed his fathers arm, "it's okay, father! Calm down.." he said as he held onto him.

Paimon turned into his demon form and started to break things in the room. Everyone just watched him and waited for his meltdown to end. Beelzebub turned to me and frowned, "I'm sorry about him" he said to me, I sighed.

"It's fine.." I said back as I stared at him. He turned back to his normal form then angrily stomped back to his seat and sat down. Dice was ducked under the table with henchmen and stickler. Checkers was watching this unfold, poor kid.

I glared back at paimon, "you done?" I asked him, he nodded. "Yes, sorry" he said he sounded genuinely upset. Stickler then got back to the table and pointed at his book. "Yeah, there's nothing else in here" he said to which I angrily glared at him.

"I'm the devil! Does this even matter?" I asked them, glaring over at everyone. Beelzebub was about to speak but Paimon interrupted him, "yes! I thought we all hated mortals?" He asked  me, looking at me confused and pissed off.

"I never really hated them, I was just upset about my father because he seemed to like them more than me" "now I don't care what he thinks" I told him, leaning back in my chair. Purson, Beleth and Vine all were silent this whole time, they seemed to not know what to say.

Then another demon, Andrealphus stood up from his seat. "Not to sound rude, devil sir" "but the last devil before you was the one who came up with these rules" "as the king of hell, can't you just change them?" He asks me, stolas smiles over at him. "Yeah! That's a good idea-" he starts to say but Andrealphus cuts him off.

"Shut up, Prince" he said angrily, stolas immediately stopped talking. I tilted my head then thought for a moment and smiled, "oh yeah! Stickler hand me the book" I said turning towards him. Henchmen got out from under the table and so did dice. Stickler handed me the book.