Family

Disclaimer: The characters belong to the great Koyoharu Gotouge. The only ones that belong to me are my OCs. The original storyline will be slightly altered due to insertion of non-existent characters. I tried to not alter the main storyline much, but there will be new scenes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I was able to recall, my father has taught me the history of our family. We are progenitors of the creator of breathing styles practiced by the demon slayers. Father said that our ancestor, Tsugikuni Yoriichi, invented the breathing styles— his being Sun Breathing. He taught members of the Demon Slayer Corps Sun Breathing, but none were able to grasp it. Instead each branched off to different styles as a result of modifying Sun Breathing. He was a highly respected man within the corps during the Sengoku Era, but when he failed to slay Muzan, they declared him a traitor. The fact his twin brother turned into a demon willingly did not help his case.

I read that he had a wife who was carrying their child prior to his supposed betrayal. They were the reason he joined the Corps. Her name was Uta and she was due to give birth. Yoriichi-san left the house to get a midwife for a safe delivery and would be back before sunset, but he was too late. He thought his child died along with his wife, but what he didn't know is that Uta gave birth to their child. Sensing something bad was going to happen, she hid the baby and would come back for them when all is safe. Uta died from a demon attack and Yoriichi found her body with the baby nowhere to be found. He assumed the demon ate the child.

The baby was later found by a couple wandering around the area with a note spelling out their name. Overcome with sympathy, the couple took the baby in and raised them as their own. The child knew nothing of their heritage until visions of a woman crying haunt their minds daily.

All she would say was, "This is your mother, my child. Remember that I will always love you and be there for you."

The child told their adopted parents about the visions and the couple told them truth. They spoke of their past and how they found a baby hidden in the bushes with hanafuda earrings. The couple knew nothing else of their origin and that left the child feeling bothered.

Throughout the years, visions of the woman kept occurring. Reaching the age of 14 and with the permission of their adopted parents, they decided to uncover the mysteries of their origin and traveled around Japan. Along the way, they kept a record of their travels and findings. Today, it is considered as the first record of the descendents of Yoriichi Tsugikuni.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Otou-san, has any of our ancestors joined the Demon Slayer Corps?" A child with raven wavy hair and red tips asked, eyes brimming with curiosity. The man snapped his head towards his daughter.

"Of course not. Why would they?" He replied, a tense look on his face.

The man never liked talking about the corps. He despises them and would rather get eaten by a demon than being helped by a demon slayer.

"Because we have the breathing technique to help them defeat the demons." She responded innocently.

The girl thought the answer was pretty straightforward based on the archives of the family. He gave her a hard look and narrowed his maroon eyes. His long, wavy obsidian hair with red tips danced in the wind.

"Yui." He stated firmly, "This conversation is over. You know better."

The child stayed silent. She knew better than to get into an argument with her father.