Love Letter: Numero Uno

ʚ𓆉♡𓆉ɞ

It's a lazier day in your high school. It's something like the last two days of being trapped in here, but your head's too far in the clouds to really remember. Everything around you feels hazy and far away.

"..."

"Y/N?" asks your friend, effectively breaking you out of your trance. They're currently kneeling on the ground next to you, rooting through their messy purple bag to find something. They've been down there on the dirty math classroom floor for- yeah, you weren't counting, nevermind. Screw it.

"Yeah?" you turn to look at them, scooting your plastic chair back from the school desk only to wince as it scrapes loudly across the ground. People make uncomfortable expressions as the screeching sound it made interrupts whatever they were doing.

"I think this fell out of your backpack," they pick up a paper beside them. Nothing but a dollar store-style envelope, with tiny little curling designs... designs the color blue. The same color as the mask of a certain turtle you know. There's- how would you out this- confidential? -information in that paper. They're taking a bit too much interest in it. Well, that's a bit of a problem. They raise a curious eyebrow, noticing that it's open, and they go to look inside.

You nearly fall out of your seat.

"OH!" you gasp, scrambling to regain the significant shred of dignity you'd just lost by screaming that in the middle of the classroom. Second time in a row, this is really your day.

Clearing your throat, you promptly snatch the papers from your friend's grasp and cough, watching their expression go from quizzical to intrigued, too fast. But that's the last thing you want, so here goes an attempt at defusing the situation by making them forget. "Whoops! Heh, my bad." The envelope is immediately tucked back into your bag. Securely this time, you make sure of it. "What were you looking for, again?"

Side-eyeing you skeptically, they say slowly, "Just the homework I thought I put in my backpack this morning." A moment of awkward silence passes, they ask, "What's that?" Hot panic flashes through you at that, brain going into maximum overdrive to formulate a response.

"Nothing," ends up being your reply, and you grimace, as you know that was the worst thing you could have responded with. "Just, a letter... uh, from my cousin? In... Florida... on.. a trip...?"

"...Uh, huh." your friend's tone is still disbelieving, but you ignore it even as sweat threatens to appear on your brow.

You offer no other explanation, hoping they drop the topic. A litter faster, please! you think to yourself.

"Okayyy, then, you do you, I guess."

Despite your knowledge of how suspicious they most likely still are, you sigh in grateful relief.

God, what would they have said if they actually read it? They don't have to know about the mutant turtle writing you love letters.

ʚ𓆉♡𓆉ɞ

It had started a few weeks ago.

You hadn't been expecting it. No one had, really, the exception being the red-eared slider himself.

To say it surprised you is an understatement- maybe a phrase a little closer to it would be it swept you off your feet so you could (not so elegantly) fall on your ass.

Oh- no, not the letter, the way it was delivered. The first one irked you, until you took a read on it. Then your heart felt warmer than it should have.

You were snuggled up with Mikey on the couch. A little whoosh of air made its presence known behind you. It was during a movie night at the lair, and you were having a blast and a half making fun of cringy plots with the Hamato brothers plus April. You turned around to see what it was, only to get a glimpse of an electric blue light and a folded paper, wrapped in a fancy little blue satin ribbon.

Huh, you'd thought, Kinda swanky.

Glancing around the room, you found Leo in your peripheral, leaning against Raph's chair. Said snapping turtle was just as conked out as the one leaning on your shoulder was. Giving the leader in blue nothing but a confused glance, you found him avoiding your eye. You knew it was him, you saw the portal disappear. What was he planning?

Wary of it being a prank, you leaned your arm slowly past a sleeping Mikey to grab the little bundle balancing on the back of the couch. You held the paper away from your face, reading it, and you were certain your eyes popped out of your skull with how wide they were open, bulging out of their sockets so far they most likely tumbled on out.

Dear Y/N,

You always find ways to make me smile.

You have pretty eyes. Mine are glued to you at all times.

You have way too much toilet paper at your house. You're really on a roll.

But really! Are you an exam paper, because I forget everything when I look at you. Literally. You have no pen or paper but you still draw my attention.

I'd make another paper joke, but you probably think these are tearable.

-Blue

ʚ𓆉♡𓆉ɞ

His words were and are cheesy, and his scrawl is something in a whole new category of messy, but it still leaves you feeling warmer every time you read over it again. But hell, nothing compares to that first time. Baby blue doesn't even know it, but he's got you wrapped around his three fingers just as much as you have him hooked.

Yikes.

It was then you realized you were screwed.

He fell first, but you fell so much harder.

ʚ𓆉♡𓆉ɞ

Uhhh, only the first chapter and the quality is rapidly declining. Swell!

Sorry it's so short! They'll get longer as we go.