6. they striked

𝐈 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,
Tara, Sam & Chad were hanging around in the kitchen letting the Chinese food they had already ordered cool off. Meanwhile Anika was watching tv & Quinn was inside her room with some other guy.

'Y/n!' Mindy exclaimed as she made her way towards me, i gave her a signal to come to my room and she understood. We shut the door behind us as i lay my stuff besides my bed.

'So, any-updates on Ghost face aka Ethan?!' Mindy whispered.

'Surprisingly No & Yes? It's complicated, I followed him through an alley.'

'𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘?'

'𝐒𝐇𝐇𝐇 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐘' I harshly whispered.

'I know the rules to a murder scene trust me i didn't go far in. I heard him on the phone with his dad having an argument on how he thinks he's a disgrace to the family & not good enough.'

'So he clearly has daddy issues is what you're stating' Mindy exclaimed.

'You can say that, but there was also this one thing he said that caught my attention.'

'He said how he has a plan.. a plan of what exactly? I don't know but i'm guessing a cheat system to pass his classes? God Mindy you don't understand, the kid was so nervous & scared. He was having a full on panic attack & i wanted to help him, but i couldn't blow my cover.'
I said with a sense of regret at the end.

'A plan?' Mindy said spacing out thinking about all the possibilities.

We both stayed quiet for a quick minute when Chad bursted his way into my room.

'Shit! Chad don't you knock' I yelled.

'Oh sorry madam!' He knocks on the door sarcastically. 'But we're all hungry & we're waiting for you guys to eat so whatever chit chat you guys are having can you guys hurry up okay, thank you!' He grinned as he closed the door.

Me & Mindy were blank minded so i guess some food would help later on with our thoughts.

We made our way to the dining table as Anika was already eating hers at the sofa leaving the 5 of us sitting at the table.

'Sam seriously we don't wanna take up space here, we don't have to stay' Mindy insisted.

'This'll be fun!' Chad exclaimed. 'A slumber party with The Core Five!'

I chocked on my water with whatever nickname he just said 'Uhm, the what now?'

'Excuse me, did you just give us a nickname?' Tara asked.

'I sure did! We've been through a lot together, and it's a pretty cool nickname.'

'That's debatable' Sam stated.

'That's extremely debatable.'

'You can't just give yourself a nickname, dingus' Mindy exclaimed.

'Oh of course I can dingus. Because I just did'. 'Core Five, up top!' He exclaimed holding his hand up, waiting for a high-five.