The Alpha

Deaton stood outside of a building in LA that had collapsed, police, firefighters and paramedics walking around, their cars not far away. "You said it wouldn't bite." A firefighter said, holding his hand as he walked over to Deaton. "I said it wouldn't bite me. But that's also because i wouldn't put my hand in front of the mouth of a frightened dog." He said before walking away.

"Thanks for the advise." The man said following behind Deaton, "You got any idea how we're going to get it out their?" He asked. " I have someone coming who has a special talent for these kind of things." Deaton said looking back at the man, "She runs the animal shelter next to my clinic. Trust me, She's highly qualified. We even have a name for her." Deaton said. "Oh yea? What?" The man asked, "We call her the alpha." Deaton said looking up as a car pulled up. A moment later Emily exits the car, closing the door behind her.

"The girl climbed out, tried to pull it out, lost her footing, and ended up falling in too

"The girl climbed out, tried to pull it out, lost her footing, and ended up falling in too." Deaton said as they walked through the building, "Is that all you got?" The fireman asked, looking at the leash in Emily's hand. "No protective gear? No gloves?" He asked and Emily shook her head, "I don't get bit. Even if i did i heal pretty fast." Emily said. "Well even so..." Deaton said as they crouched down next to a hole in the ground where a dog was barking and a little girl was laying on the ground. "No! He's gonna bite!" The girl yelled. "Hey, My name is Emily. I'm going to help get you guys out of here." Emily said.

Some of the concrete started to crack before Emily jumped down. The dog kept barking at them but couldn't get any closer to them as his leash was trapped under debris. Emily slowly looked up at the dog, her eyes glowing red and the dog barked a couple times before stopping and laying down.

The little girl looked from her dog shocked and looked at Emily as she started to move over to the girl. All of a sudden the structure started to break and fall."Emily hurry! Come on! Get out of there!" Emily glanced around and grabbed a pipe that started to fall down in the hole, before moving a slab of concrete off the girl's leg. Emily quickly grabbed the dog and lifted him out. The walls around her started to fall making emily duck down slightly as she looked up at deaton who nodded and transformed, pushing against the walls. "Okay come on." Emily said lifting the girl up slightly. "Come on, Alicia." The fireman said as he and Deaton reached down to her. "I got you" he said as they lifted her up and helped her climb out. Emily pushed the walls away with all her strength and quickly climbed out before the hole structure collapsed.

"That was close." Emily said, making Deaton roll his eyes as the girl clinged to deaton making her smile softly.

A moment later they all walked out of the building and Alicia immediately ran over to her parents, who quickly pulled her into a hug. Emily who was holding the dog leash walked over to the family and Emily gently grabbed Alicia's shoulder. "Hey, Alicia? You guys? Let's go see the paramedics, okay?" She said as they nodded before Emily led them over to an ambulance.

"What do you guys call her again?" The firefighter asked looking at Deaton. "The Alpha." Deaton said and the man nodded. "Right, Like a dog." He said and Deaton shook his head, "No, Like a wolf." He said.