Sometimes we say things we don't mean.. (6)

Liya POV: 

I went to Maria's room, which we were sharing, and went to change. 

I saw a picture of Maria that was 2 weeks old because it said, July 6, 1389. My face heated up and I sat down on Maria's bed.

This is the same person who was the smartest, most mature, and taught me everything I know about fighting. But this same person also likes to run around, doesn't enjoy dresses, and likes talking to everyone.

Before, she used to never smile, play around, or anything unless she was with me. Maybe it is better this way?

No, no she should get her memory back. She's missing everything that happened to her. She didn't remember anything before the accident. She doesn't even remember the accident itself.

It's better she gets her memory back so she knows and she can take control of the Kingdom by herself, like she always wanted. 

I got up feeling not so hot anymore, and changed into a black romper I just had for some reason. I went back downstairs and went into the garden to which everyone was sitting down at the table.

"Oh Aaliyiah, come sit with us, we were just about to start but Maria wanted us to wait for you." The king said, I bowed and took a seat.

"Hello and good afternoon to all of you, Prince Ryan, Prince Harper, and Prince Alex." The king said, "Today were here because my daughter needs a worthy man of marrying."  You may stand up and talk to my daughter if you like. At the end my daughter can pick and I will schedule the wedding." For some reason I was upset at the fact that Maria had to marry some random person. Well, not all of them were random. There was one that I hated with a passion. 

Everyone got up and prince Ryan went up to the king, while the other two went up to Maria. I went next to the king until he decided he wanted me near Maria.

"I'm so glad Prince Ryan that you came." The king said, "I knew you and Maria were a thing."  Yep, they dated, that's why I hate him. I don't know why but I just hate him for trying to marry her. He's not even good enough for her. 

"Yes, Maria and I 'loved' each other, and I was devastated when I heard she had lost her memory." Prince Ryan said, And I knew he was lying. A few years ago, a couple of months after Maria lost her memory from the war and she was in coma, he had been partying while she laid there. He just wanted to be crowned a king from another country, he never cared about Maria. But the only good thing is, Maria never really cared about him either. She just wanted to get marriage papers so she would be crowned queen faster. Neither of them really cared for one another, so I guess i'm just acting jealous because now that Maria had no memory of him, she could fall for him and leave me. I don't want the only friend I have to leave.

"Well sorry I made it her choice, she really didn't want to marry anyone." The king said, "Don't worry sir, she will probably fall for me a second time." Ryan said, she never even fell for you the first time. 

"Oh Aaliyiah, I forgot you were next to me, you can go stand with Maria, I don't want her leaving." The king ordered.

I nodded, bowed and went over next to Maria. She slowly turned to me and put her mouth next to my ear. "Get me out of here. Prince Alex is..." She whispered, I almost started laughing in front of other people but I got myself under control. "I can't, your father wants you here." I whispered back. We both turned back to the two guys and just blank stared at them in silence.

"Well beautiful, it was nice meeting you and I hope you choose me to be your husband. I'm counting on you." He winked at Maria, and she gave the most fake smile you could ever imagine.

"Uh, you don't have to pick me. Please don't." Prince Harper said, Maria and I looked at each other confused. "Okay, but do you mind me asking why?" Maria said. He stood silently and then told us to come closer. "I'm gay." He said. I was surprised, but Maria didn't look it, she looked so happy like someone just gave her candy.

"Really!? That's..so cool! Y'know, my grandma is bi." Maria said, she smiled, reassuringly that it was totally fine and things are barely like that anymore. "I won't pick you, promise. But uh, do you want to be my friend?"  "Oh, uh sure." He said, Maria was jumping up and down. Not really or she would have fallen because of her heels but I could tell she was super happy to make another friend.

"Okay, princes, Maria, and Aaliyiah, please come here." The king said. 

"So daughter, who do you choose?" He said, the princes all lined up next to each other and I stood at the end of the line, making sure no one was messing around.

"Father I will only ask again once, do I really have to marry someone on this line?" Maria asked, she turned to her father and her father nodded. She looked back at the princes' and said,

"I will marry, 

-Aaliyiah Williams.

909 words