Chapter 16.

Today I felt like the moon, not full but beautiful

From the stars of the black heavens to the lights of the blacktop streets, the view from the roof was every kind of wonderful. It gave me a sense of perspective that calmed my soul, that made the everyday struggles shrink.

In the darkness I hear a light footsteps yet so loins and strong, I felt a weight sinking beside me dad patted on my shoulder with a soft carase ,

"Son why are you sitting here alone"

"Oh- it's nothing dad I just came here to refresh my mind and to collect some scenarios for my painting" the lie slipped off my mouth as if it was truth.

"Have you made something special recently"

"No, nothing much special just simple strokes of brushes" I gave him my best convincing smile though

"Have you- " he was cut off by his phone that vibrated in his backpocket he looked at me with a pleading look in his eyes and then without saying a word he got up and left.

I let out a deep sigh, closing my eyes I feel the gentle breeze caressing my face in gentleness the memories of vivid hue come dancing in as if the wind was their favourite tune, as if they ever ready to ball.
My hands shook as I took out my phone its wallpaper was just one of a simple sketch I have made.
Scrolling through my contact my fingers stopped at a particular contact.
I had saved this contact even if I shouldn't. The day I called Lilith by taking her number from dad's account I had saved her number in my contact.

Gathering every bit of hope in my so called braved heart, I want to text her I don't know why I'm doing this but still I wanna do it or even if I text her what am I gonna talk or ask.
But still I texted her, asking if she reached home safely.

I kept the phone aside acting if I don't care if she doesn't text, but deep inside I'm impatiently waiting for her to text me back.

After a few seconds or a minute my phone vibrated causing me open my eyes in a jerk and grab the phone in a great excitement.

Lith : Well, does your life have any meaning to you Rainbow I don't think so it has.

Me : Wait, how the fuck do you know it's me.

Lith : Cause I have this much common sense to save the number when you called me.

Me : Umm, but how did you know it was my number not dad's or someone else

Lith : Rainbow you are really dumb to think me dumb.
Okay leave it tell me why did you text me.

Lith : Oh wait, we're you really worried about me

Nervously bitting my lips i texted her back,
Me : huh- no not all it was that... that I was just doing a formality of being grateful.

Lith : u said it before and I'm saying it again don't ever lie to me.

Me : Fine. Whatever

Lith : I need to go. So, you better start talking why you are here cause i got many other things to do rather than handling a grown rich spoiled brat

Lith : or that's what your true intention was to waste my time cause your daddy kicked you out.

Her words were so sharp that they directly pierced through my heart making it bleed from pain, Even if I know what others would think of me like, I didn't wanted her to think of me like this.
I just didn't wanted her to see me just as a
rich spoiled brat.

Me : Oh did you have to be that honest.

Sending the last message I let my hands slip the phone down and carried myself towards my room.

Did everyone held roses with thorns just to
hurt me?