⇨ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠

TARA CARPENTER STOOD inside the kitchen with her phone. She had been spending her time doing her homework for the last couple of hours with Y/N before they decided to end the session with a late supper Y/N had ordered online.

She heard footsteps behind her and turned around to see Y/N grabbing his jacket from the couch. The 24-years-old noticed the girl and smiled.

"I'm gonna go home. You sure you'll be all right alone?" He asked.

The girl nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay." Y/N nodded back and made his way to the door. "So, tomorrow as usual?"

Tara had her eyes fixated on her phone while replying. "Yep."

"Please, don't be late like last time. I have a shift tomorrow night."

The 18-years-old girl rolled her eyes and chuckled. "You're such a dramatic guy."

Y/N turned to her and gave a look. "You know, your mother once wanted to pay me to take you back home from school, but I refused so, thank me later, Carpenter."

Tara jokingly gave the finger, which made Y/N let out a laugh before exiting the house. The girl heard his car engine roared and the tires screeching before leaving the house. She then opened her phone back and began texting her friend, Amber.

Suddenly, the landline began to ring. Tara approached it to see it was an unknown number. She pressed decline and stepped away.

She reached out for her inhaler and took a puff as she was texting Amber

She reached out for her inhaler and took a puff as she was texting Amber. The landline started to ring again. She ignored it for a while before deciding to answer it.

"Hello?" She answered, a slight annoyance can be heard in her tone.

"Hello." A man's voice greeted her. "Is Cristina there?"

"No, she's not available. May I take a message?"

"Uh, yeah, well, um...sorry, I'm her friend of hers from group...Oh, shit."

"From her shit?" She asked, walking through her house.

"Look, just tell her I'm from group. I'm Charlie. She's got my number."

"She goes to your group?"

"I shouldn't have...just tell her that Charlie called."

"I will do exactly that, Charlie, once you tell me what kind of group we're talking about. Is it AA? NA?" She shot back before pulling out her phone.

She began texting Amber about the conversation, thinking that it was her mother's new boyfriend.

"You sound exactly like she describes you."

"She talks about me in group?"

"I don't think I can really talk about that."

She ignored the comment. "What does she say about me?"