Chapter-25. Elle

"They all look so broken

"They all look so broken."
.
.

"

They must have been perfect too once."

Daniel

Daniel

Daniel flipped the pen once, wishing more than anything to throw the frying pen on his brother's head. Don't get him wrong. Daniel loves cooking, but not for his punk brother who has absolutely no respect for food.

"Good morning, Drew." Daniel's father greeted his younger son as he set on the stool. Daniel served food for the three of them, dropping his brother's plate with a thud. He added to extra waffle to his plate, in his defence he is the chef here he deserves the bigger portion.

"Is it eligible to eat? " Drew poked the waffles his brother put in front of him, despite the sweet aroma they were spreading.

"How could you be a Campbell and insult food like that?" Daniel asked his brother slapping him on the head. If it wasn't for his father the curses he had awaiting for his brother would have left at supersonic speed.

"Dad, are you sure he is your son?" Daniel turned to his father who pushed aside his newspaper. "He got it from your mother's side of the family son." the senior Cambell sighed trying to hold his smile.

" Maybe I am just adopted." the younger one added dramatically. Daniel couldn't hide his smile anymore the traitor's smile betrayed him at the end. He broke the unspoken rule. He smiled which means he is even with his brother. Their father argued with them both to eat their food ending the discussion.

Daniel was three years old when he was adopted, the reason why his Chinese family left him is still a mystery to him. His younger brother Andrew was adopted four years later. The six-year-old boy was rescued by child service from his abusive parents and put up for adoption. While Tate did the job of a father perfectly he refused to get married. In his word, he is happy with his triangle family and would like to keep it that way.

After his breakfast, Daniel went out even though the weather looks like it will rain soon. It's been a long time since he had been home. The University, the pile of assignments had kept him enough busy to stay in lockdown inside his dorm room. He switched on his phone to check the location Afanas sent him. Putting it back in his pocket he paddled faster, cycling through the familiar paths of his neighbour.