Chapter 22

Eva's Pov

"It's not that easy Evs. Jane keeps talking about how glad she is that I broke up with her when I did." Raf says

"Because you said you didn't love her. She needs to know that's not true." I say.

"Does she? Is that fair? I mean she's moved on" Raf says and tells me about a moment in the doctor's office about the baby having too much hair.

"It was like before I Screwed everything up." Raf said with a fond smile on his face

"What happened next." I say

"Well, I wanted to take a picture...when Petra called. The timing could not have been worse. Of course I can't blame Jane for not wanting to be around her. I mean I don't even want to be around Petra. Do you even know all the stuff she's done since we broke up?" Raf says as we stand and go up to the bar.

"Well yes I do." I say

"The point is, I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And with the influx of cash from the Maracay sale... I can actually buy Petra out." He says

"If she'll sell. I mean yeah she wants to be around you and she clearly wants you back." I say.

"And I plan on using that." He says as my eyebrows furrow "Trust me, I will get her to sell." Raf says

"Okay, well just be careful. That woman is the devil in a pretty package." I say

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He says and takes my hand in his.

"Probably die very unhappy." I say as we laugh.

The next day we are in a meet with Petra discussing plans for the hotel.

"So I think we should gut the recovery suites. Just turn them into something else entirely." Petra speaks when she noticed Raf staring at her legs.

"Rafael?" She asks breaking his chain of thought.

"Uh... Sorry. Could you just repeat the last part?" Raf asks as they both smile.

"Focus. Okay? Look we need to change the recovery suites. Because right now they're...associated with Rose." Petra repeats.

"I agree. Let's gut them." He says

"But now we need a plan for what to do with the rooms." I say and go ignored

"Great." Petra says looking at Raf

"And let's also get dinner." He said and I walked out. If they want to pretend I'm not there then I don't have to be there.

The same night I got a phone call from Jane asking me to pick her up from the hospital, apparently she thought she was in labour but they were Braxton hicks. On the car ride to her place she told me everything with Rafael and Michael and now I get why Raf asked Petra to dinner. She needed to vent and I have a degree in psychology. I ended up staying the night.

Throughout the night Rafael showed up at the door. I wanted to give them privacy so I stayed in Jane's bedroom when I didn't hear anything for a while I came outside to see her crying on the floor I got her to her bedroom sat her down while she told me about what happened.

The next day Michael showed up at the door and I stayed in the bedroom again. After a while I came out when Jane was leaving for her meeting. I left when she did.

Later at the Marbella Rafael came upto me telling me Jane went into labor. We got to the hospital and into Jane's room when the nurse walked in.

"Jane, are you okay? Do you want to try one of those positions that we..." Raf asked before he was cut off by Jane shushing him. I try not to laugh knowing Jane was in a world of pain.

"Now would be a good time for the epidural if you're planning to." The nurse suggests

"Should I at least try to labor naturally? I mean you didn't get an epidural." Jane talks to her grandmother.

"Why do you think you're mother is an only child?" Alba says to her.

"Heather didn't get an epidural for when my niece Lia was born. My brother ended up in traffic due to rain and I held her hand, her extremely long nails left scratch marks all over my hand. I had to be bandaged. Don't be a hero get the epidural." I say remembering the sight of my blood on Heather's nails."

Suddenly I woman screams out as I give Jane a look.

"Yeah, let's go with that epidural." Jane says to the nurse.

A little later in the night the nurse came back to inform Jane on her dilations.

"It stopped?" Jane asked

"Not "stopped" Your labor's just stalled. Oh, there's another contraction." The nurse says glancing between the chart and the monitor.

"It looks like we could be in for a long night. You should try to sleep a little. I'll check back." The nurse says and walks out.

"Abuela. Go home, get some sleep." Jane says

"No, what if something happens." Alba starts but gets cut off by Jane.

"Then we'll call you— you live 5 minutes away. Come on. I need you well- rested when the baby comes. " Jane says and Alba finally agrees

"Come on. I'll drive you." I tell Alba as we exit the room.

We leave the hospital in the car ride she tells me about how Jane and Xiomara were as babies. I drop her off making sure she entered the house before I drove back to the hospital. I stopped in the cafeteria to grab some coffee for me and Rafael and more ice chips for Jane.

The next morning Jane is at nine centimetres dilated and Xiomara and Rogelio weren't here yet. We are trying to ensure her that they will make it. Rafael calls Michael to get them a police escort while I call my brother to meet him and escort Michael's car.

Soon enough Jane was at ten centimetres and had to begin pushing. Halfway through the delivery Xo came into the delivery room and said something in Jane's ear which motivated Jane to push. A little bit later after all of Jane's cries of pain we heard a new cry.

The baby was born.

"It's a boy." The doctor announced and the Villanueva clan's faces fell "What?!"

After the baby was clean everyone gathered around Jane to peak at the baby. He was so small and he had so much hair.

"He's so beautiful." I say.

"We can't name him Nina right." Jane asks laughing.

"No." Rafael responds.

A while and a nap later we all stand in the hospital room as Jane and Rafael gathered us to tell us the name.

"His name is Mateo." Jane said as Alba and Xiomara's faces turned warm as tears fill their eyes.

"That's my dad's name." Xo told us.

"Well, there's more. It's kind of a long name." Jane says

"Kind of?" Raf says

"It's Mateo... Gloriano... Rogelio... Solano... Villanueva." She said as we smile.

"You named him after me?" Rogelio asks.

"Yes. Well it's in there. We're just gonna call him Mateo, though." Jane says

"Yeah. Well let's see how nicknames develop. Matelio perhaps." Rogelio said.

Raf left the hospital to pack a bag. I asked him to pack a few clothes for me too. Before he left the hospital he hugged me and thanked me for being here. I felt my heart warm up as I hugged him back.

Third Person Pov

Back at the hospital a blonde nurse walks out of the room with baby Mateo In her arms. She walks out of the hospital cutting of the medical alert bracelet wrapped around the baby's ankle, handing over the new born in the arms of the crime boss. Taking the baby farther and farther away from his family.