cherry flavoured conversations

A/N: heyy this is my first story and my first language is not English so sorry if they are some mistakes! Hope you enjoy :)

YOU WERE GOING TO LEAVE ME FOR MY AUNT?", y/n yelled tears streaming down her face in the middle of the street.

"You're the one who is leaving for a stupid little school programme", her pig of a boyfriend, Nick, spat. He was referring to her application for a semester abroad in whatever country her uni decides, since she was studying for a literature doctorate, wanting to have more than just her simple degree.

"I don't even know whether they'll accept me", she cried out.

"Doesn't matter. You'd rather leave me than leave school and that says enough."

At this point y/n's patience was on its verge. She just couldn't believe Nick. God, his red face caused by the sun, that shone rarely in England looked so punchable right now. But no, even that was too much effort, that Nick was certainly not worth. Only her education was.

So without even hesitating she yelled: „If that's how it is we're DONE. Pick your stuff up at mine tomorrow!"

Nick, now suddenly her ex, did not bother to respond but instead climbed into his flashy car and sped away way too fast like he always did.

As if he had not caused enough hurt already, in the process, he managed to scare an innocent old lady who was just trying to cross the road. As a result she fell and hit her head pretty hard.

Y/n watched this happen with horror and suddenly forgot her own worries. Running over as fast as she could she realised that the poor lady lost her consciousness and had blood flowing out of a small wound on her head.

While the girl's mind was completely overwhelmed with everything that happened in the last few minutes of the hot summer day, her limbs luckily weren't and seemed to know what to do. During the wait for the ambulance she started to search for a phone or wallet, anything that would help reveal the woman's ID, when suddenly a hand grabbed her wrist. When she looked up up she saw that the lady had gained her consciousness back. As attempt to calm her down, y/n slowly introduced herself and informed her about what had occurred.

"Is there anyone I can call for you Mrs. ehm-"

"Galindo, dear", Mrs Galindo replied with a slight accent that sounded like Spanish to y/n.

"I'm afraid you can only call my son Pablo but he'd take atleast a day to get here." When she saw the confusion in the young girls face she continued, "We're originally from Argentina and I'm only here for a small business trip."

"Don't worry about that please, I'll stay with you until he arrives", y/n responded with a small smile. She somehow felt guilty for what happened to Mrs Galindo and thought that accompanying her was the least she could do.

So while they were on a bumpy ride in the back of the ambulance to the nearest hospital, she took the old woman's phone and called the only person that was saved as "Pablo ❤️".

After a few rings she suddenly heard a low but stressed voice yell something inaudible in presumably Spanish. The only words she could make up were "No", "Gregorio" and a confused "Mamá?".

She mentally cursed herself for not thinking about the possibility of communication issues, and preparing herself, but given the fact that his mum was also somewhat fluent in English she hoped it would go just well.

"No Sir, it's not Mamá-", she made a quick pause at the realisation of how weird that sentence was but continued to somehow save the situation.

"My name is y/n, you have no reason to worry but your mother fell on the street and knocked her head on the sidewalk which is why we're on our way to the hospital."