1.

I was falling, falling in-between realms and I couldn't help but feel as though it had been forever. Forever since I had fallen into that... rip between worlds. And I could hear there screams as I fell, hear that voice... his voice. 

It was cold, so cold as I awoke, my body pressed against the soggy ground as rain tapped against my skin. Where was I? Who was I? The blatant panic hit me before the pain could set in as I frantically looked around at my surroundings. A forest, I was in a forest, I tried to stand, breathing frantic, but then the pain set in. 

A loud groan escaped my lips as I tumbled back, my body colliding with a tree as I sank back down to the cold, muddy ground. Nothing, I could remember absolutely nothing even though... even though I... I heard something before...

I cried out, my hand pressing to my side and as I pulled it away and crimson blood stained my skin. I was hurt, cold and alone as the rain poured down in the forest I was surrounded by. My breathing hitched as I pressed my hand back onto my side, tears pricked at my eyes. Was this how I was to die? Alone in a strange forest with no memories of who I was or where I was? 

Then I saw him, a winged figure landing before me with a powerful thud. The moonlight caught talon tipped wings as he stepped closer, violet eyes gleaming even through the rain. But I felt my conscious rip from me as he spoke three words. 

"You're my mate."  

*

I awoke in a sunlit bedroom, black and gold details scattered around the wall as though they had been painted with great care. My eyes continued to wonder, how had I even ended up in this room? All I remembered was being in that forest... and then he appeared. 

I snapped up, wincing at the pain still radiating from my side. 

"Hey, you're alright." A voice said to me, and I jerked my head to the side. Finding that same male from last night sitting in a chair, wings draped on the floor and black hair ruffled as though he'd just woken up as well. 

"Where am I?" I asked, confusion and fear settling in. The male's nostrils flared, those violet eyes seemed to grow tentative, concerned.  

"You're in my bedroom," He paused briefly, seeming to assess me. "In the night court. I found you in the steps last night... Do you not remember?" 

I shook my head slowly, hand going to that wound on my side when I realized I was in a dark colored sweater that was perhaps a few sizes too big. Was it his? Had he dressed me? I couldn't even remember what I had been wearing last night. 

"I," My voice strained as I looked around. "I can't remember anything." 

"What do you mean? How did you even end up in the steps? You're not Illyrian and those mountains are far from any other settlement." The male asked, lifting his wings from the floor. Funny though, how it didn't unnerve me to see them, as though I had seen winged Fae before. 

I felt a cold rush over me at the thought, Fae, that's what I was, wasn't it? My hand lifted, touching the tip of my ear. 

"I, uh I don't remember anything... I woke up and I was just... there." I murmured, lowering my hand. "I was falling... but that's it." I glanced up to him as he rose from the chair, eyes weary as he took a step towards me. 

"You don't have any memory of before? Nothing?" He pushed gently. 

"Why am I so calm? I should be freaking out right now... I'm in a stranger's room and I'm calm." I asked suddenly, lifting my chin to look him over. He seemed to bristle at the question, retreating a step before shaking his head. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 17, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Fall // Nyxजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें