Chapter 2- The Survival

With Arthur set to live out Patsy's lifetime, he had been in so much pain from the gout he had his queen commanding the armies. There was a war looming. Those from Tortu didn't like that magic was coming back to the forefront of people's lives, so one of their many kings decided it would be best to attack the sorcerer stronghold and eliminate everyone in the castle, which was where many sorcerers were relocated to. He had been planning an attack for a few months, but he simply didn't have the numbers to combat Gerak... until King Pedon joined his forces.

King Pedon had the largest army in all of Tortu. His numbers tripled the size of King Tardash's army. But they had a disagreement about who was going to lead the army, which gave spies from Gerak enough time to report back to Queen Bidi Stix-Charming.

Gerak had a larger army than Tortu and Frithe both. But should they combine forces, disaster could be wrought on Gerak, but Frithe was in allegiance to Gerak through a treaty and the marriage of Bidi and Arthur. But rulers have gone against treaties before and declared war. It was a question on where Frithe stood in the matter of affairs regarding magic. Were they for it or against it?

The answer would come soon. Bidi sent an advisor to Frithe to speak with King and Queen Stix, the only rulers of all of Frithe. Rotheldamay Stormbrooke was the advisor charged with seeking counsel with Bidi's parents to gauge their stance on magic. Bidi would have gone herself, but she was very busy preparing for war.

May, short for Rotheldamay, was a capable advisor, though. May was a sorcerer, but her magic hadn't yet blossomed. She was a very late bloomer, but it was relatively common to gain the trait as late as 37-years-old. In some rare cases, magic was gained as late as the fifties.

Setting out for Frithe, May, the youngest advisor at Bidi's disposal, had a three day boat ride to their sister region. While May was traveling, Bidi prepared her sorcerers for war. Her army was already the finest trained, so she wasn't worried about them. She had forges working nonstop to create spears, arrows, and swords.

Without a moment delay, May had finally arrived at the castle in Raz Hajin. She quickly sought counsel with the king and queen of Frithe.

"I assume you've heard," May said as she entered the hall.

"We are aware our daughter is bringing back sorcery, yes," Camille said in a yawn.

"She sent me here to see where your allegiance lies," May said.

"Seize her!" George yelled.

The guards started to storm May, who shouted, "this is an amiable visit. I search only for answers."

"By sending back your head, Bidi will have her answer," George smiled in a wicked way. It was clear his daughter meant nothing to him, for he had sons as well, sons who have always lived with him and developed a strong relationship.

"My lady," May pled, "your daughter is a sorcerer. Would you see her dead?"

Camille didn't respond. She clearly didn't feel the same as George, but she held her tongue. The treaty would soon be relinquished, and May's head would be sent back to the castle in the capital of Gerak... addressed to Queen Bidi. Three days would pass, then Bidi received the package. She opened it, and she knew Gerak and sorcery were in danger.

In attempts to win the war, Bidi started recruiting for the army. She would need approximately ten thousand more men to cover the discrepancy between the two armies that would come. Bidi wanted to be offensive, though.

She called in five of her spies for counsel. "Do you love Gerak?" She asked them. 

They all nodded.