Chapter 15 - Lock and Rift

Being stuck alone in the cell certainly wasn't an enjoyable experience. I couldn't stop thinking about Luz, I hope she safely reached the human realm. However, for now, the more important thing was my escape. I got the glyphs from Luz but I'm still not sure if it will be enough. Without my magic, it will be difficult. The only thing left for me to do is wait and see how the situation develops.

Turns out that meditation can be a fun exercise when you have excessive free time, but this time my session was disrupted by Lilith entering the block.

"Hello sister." She greeted me. "It came to my attention that the human visited you lately."

"Hi Lily, I will not confirm nor deny this, what do you want with that?"

"I would love to know where I could find her now, I have a few questions I want to ask her, nothing malicious."

"Surely, sounds believable. I don't know where she is. Spill the beans, what do you really want from her."

"Why should I tell you that Edalyn?"

"Maybe I will also know the answer, you never know."

"Ugh, fine. I wanted to ask her about my protegee, more specifically what she did to her since I haven't seen her in two weeks."

"Well, that's something I really have no clue about. Sorry sis, wish I could help, Luz didn't tell me anything."

"I knew it was a waste of time, goodbye sister."

"See ya at the petrification ceremony then." I yelled to Lilith while she was already leaving. She froze for a second then continued her walk. Anyhow, I can finally come back to my meditation and hopefully come up with an escape plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I was sitting lifelessly on the ground Amity came closer to help me stand up. I still couldn't fathom how did I managed to mess up everything this badly. I lost the portal, got Amity stuck in the human realm for who knows how long, and it's all my fault. Moreover, I will have to explain everything to my mom, and It will be quite a challenge on its own.

Amity picked me up and helped me walk, guess the roles were reversed now, I'm the one needing help... With each second my adrenaline levels are dropping and the pain becomes much more noticeable."

"Luz, we have to take you to a safer location, you can't stay here with such wounds."

"Fine, my home is not far from here, I will guide you, let's go."

Compared to our little cave adventure this walk was a piece of cake. After a few minutes, we were already there. I looked at the door, time to face my demons I guess. Amity helped me reach it and I rang the doorbell. Soon, my mom opened the door and the shock on her face was indescribable.

"Luz..."

"Hola mamá."

She ran outside and hugged me. Well, not the best reaction since I immediately felt the pain wave ripping through my body.

"I missed you so much, where have you been? I've been worried sick."

I wasn't able to get a word out of my mouth, but luckily Amity was with me.

"Ma'am, I don't think that Luz is in a condition to be hugged."

"What do you mean, and who are you?" She broke the hug and looked at me, noticing the burn. "Oh my god, Luz, what happened, we have to get you to the hospital quickly, let's..."

My mom was entering panic mode seeing me hurt but once again Amity turned out to be the savior. "I have no idea what a hospital is, but I don't think it will be necessary, I was trained to handle such wounds." Mom looked at Amity shocked and blinked twice, totally confused.