X

Yeonjun just stared at the younger boy in disbelief. He thought Beomgyu wanted nothing to do with him yet, here he is standing in front of him seemingly like he wanted to help. He was so in shock that he didn't notice Beomgyu was walking towards him until he felt the younger boy's arms softly wrap around him.

"Beomgyu," Yeonjun instantly returned the action, "You came, you really came."

"Yeah I did," Beomgyu let go of Yeonjun and took a step back.

Yeonjun pouted his bottom lip and just stared at his ex. Yes, he's been planning in his head for a way to reach out to Beomgyu to get help but he didn't expect the boy to magically appear as if he were sent from the heavens above. He's grateful but also very confused.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me," Yeonjun slowly spoke and Beomgyu let out a loud sigh and turned around as if he were about to leave, "Wait! Wait!" Yeonjun jumped out of his chair and reached his arms out to stop him, "I didn't mean it like that!"

"To be honest I don't completely understand why either." Yeonjun didn't say anything and just tilted his head in confusion and Beomgyu continued, "It's no secret how much I thought I didn't want anything to do with you but when I heard what was going on, I don't know, i just felt like I had to do something." He looked up and locked eyes with his ex boyfriend, "A part of me still really cares about you Yeonjun."

"You know I still really care about you too."

The two boys just stood there in silence. It wasn't necessarily awkward but still a bit tense. Yeonjun wasn't sure what Beomgyu was thinking, but personally he felt like there was so much he wanted to say but didn't want to at the same time.

Beomgyu was the first one to break the silence and made his way over to the desktop, "Can you show me your case so far?"

"My what?"

"All the evidence you compiled together."

"What evidence?" Yeonjun nervously chuckled and Beomgyu looked unamused.

"Paperwork, written statements, doctor notes for your injuries, text messages," Beomgyu pinched the bridge of his nose, "Don't tell me you and your attorney haven't gathered all of that together yet!"

"I-I don't have one!" Yeonjun held his arms up in defense, "Remember when you walked in I talked about not getting a response from the lawyer I reached out to."

Beomgyu let out an annoyed groan. Why is he even surprised that Yeonjun still doesn't have his shit together? He took over the computer and went to Yeonjun's email. Beomgyu was able to find the inquiries Yeonjun had sent to two different lawyers but there was no reply to either email.

"Where did you find these lawyers at?"

"Taehyun recommended them."

Beomgyu tsked at the familiar name, "And where did he find them?"

Yeonjun shrugged, "Didn't ask."

"Well typically lawyers respond within an hour of emailing them as long as it's during their office hours," Beomgyu explained, "Since we haven't heard anything from them let's try to find some more. You may want to start calling people instead to make a more reliable connection if you're stressed about waiting a day or two for a response."

"Oh I think I have their numbers in my texts between Taehyun and-"

Before Yeonjun could finish speaking, Beomgyu waved him off, "We can find you a better one."

"You keep saying we," Yeonjun noticed, "Does this mean you're here to help me the whole time?" Beomgyu nodded and the older boy couldn't help but smile. "Thank you."