The Request from a God

Normally, she was the preacher. The one who wore the blue crown. While there were occasions that the true God of Pestilence would arise from his temple and judge the work that she had done, he never really had conversations with her outside of these little inspections.

That was, until one faithful day. Y/n was beckoned to the Tabernacle, the temple, his temple. Why she was told to go, she didn't know. It was a rainy, comfortable day. Everyone spent the day off, in their little huts, or playing outside.

Y/n stepped into the cooled temple, a jingle coming from the shiny dangling coins. A beaded coin curtain, if you will. She shivered momentarily, before righting herself and entering. The god was leaning on a statue, a fine, white statue of himself. Covered in Algae and moss, alongside most of the other statues and fountains. He turned to look at her, his eyes heavy. The bandages on his ears were growing loose with time, dirty and bloody.

"How is your morning going, my chosen..?"
He asked you solemnly, wiping his eyes with a black hand.
"I've been doing well, Great Kallamar. What brings me to the temple today? Have I done well in teaching your word? Your prophecies, and teachings? All are faithful, healthy, and well fed." She bowed respectfully, removing the blue crown and bestowing it upon Kallamar, her god.
"You've tended to the believers well, that is not why you are here. I... Need help."
He spoke very quietly, making her feel the need to step closer.
"Pardon? I didn't catch that."
"I need your help, Y/n. There is something wrong with Shamura. They are worried about me, and I don't know why. They're telling me of a prophecy of my downfall. So far you've been faithful, there's none that could possibly bring me to my end, other than The Lamb. But, to be blunt, they are... Much too weak. They've been slain by my own tentacles countless times."

Y/n nodded, folding her arms at her waist. She sometimes joked about wanting to be slain by his tentacles too, but.. those jokes often left her biting her tongue. Inappropriate speak of a god was surely sinful.

"I want you to speak to them. Can you do that for me? You'll be rewarded greatly."
"Of course, great Kallamar! If I had known of this concern, you wouldn't have even needed to ask!"

Kallamar returned the crown to her, and she bowed again, leaving the temple. It was time to go somewhere else.

The Silk Cradle.