Ch.19 ★ Things Are Messy...

_______

"Huh?? Those two fuckers kissed?" Scaramouche leaned his head backwards, stretching his neck to gaze up at Gorou as his brows furrowed.

"Apparently? Heard it was a dare." The other ruffled his hair, trying to find excuses for why they did so. "Hu Tao texted me about it. Said she was tryna tell me about it in P.E. but Xiao wouldn't let her."

Scaramouche scoffed bitterly before sitting up again and opening up his phone.

"Probably cause he's embarrassed." He snorted rudely as he scrolled through his contact info. "I would be too if I was ever caught dead kissing Venti. Fuckin' Bunch'a—." Scaramouche paused, looking back at Gorou and squinting his eyes before deciding he was better off stopping at that.

Gorou huffed, rolling his eyes at the dark haired boy before kicking the leg of his chair.

"Hey-! Quit it—" Scaramouche yelped, whipping his head around angrily with his hand curled up into a fist.

"Whatever. I'm going to find Xiao." Gorou ignored the other's whining, walking out of the classroom as Scaramouche glared at him all the way up until the moment he left.

Xiao and Albedo walked together in the hallway, side by side, refusing to look at each other out of pure embarrassment. Their unsteady movement caused them to occasionally bump shoulders with one another before awkwardly giving a quiet apologyto the other.

They'd never felt so uneasy next to each other before. The odd air being exchanged in between them was killing the both of them.

"I..I have to go to band.." Xiao managed to muster up the courage to speak as he pointed his thumb over to a separate hall. "...I'll see you later." He waved, his cheeks tinted red as he eyed the ground.

Albedo also looked down.
"..Yeah. See you." He replied back in almost a whisper before quickly making his escape.

Once out of sight, Xiao let out a heavy sigh, releasing a breath of air. He hadn't even realized he'd been holding in his breath. His body was shaking like a twig and he was suddenly feeling bashful about the situation.

"Ugh..." he muttered groggily, his back slouched as he slowly made his way to the music room. "What am I doing acting all shy an' flustered like a girl.." he scolded himself. Xiao wanted to slam his head into a wall.

Just as he reached the music room's door, reaching for the handle, he felt a hand place it's firm grip on his shoulder. Still unguarded from his talk with Albedo, he was thrown off more than usual, and crooked his head around.

He felt like dying on the spot when he spotted a familiar face. Gorou gave him a stern look before dragging him away just as the bell rang.

Once again, Xiao was forced to reexplain the details of Saturday Night and go through the game rules and why it was difficult to refuse both Kirara's and Venti's advances.

To Xiao's unexpected surprise, Gorou was more understanding about it then he'd thought, and took it better than Xiao'd expected him to.

"Mm, sorry for making you skip class for this. I was just curious." Gorou formally apologized, nervously scratching his head.

"Nah, it's fine. I get it, Venti's your friend and you were worried about whose mouth he's kissing." Xiao tried to joke about it, and shockingly, Gorou let out a muffled laugh.

"Well, we're friends too now, aren't we?"  Gorou tossed him a sincere look. One Xiao had clearly not expected. Perhaps he'd grown closer to them than he thought. "Besides, I feel bad that everyone's making a big deal outta this. I'm sure it'll die down soon enough though." He assured him, patting his back as the other boy only smiled in return.