Chapter 3: New home

Jake and Neytiri are arguing since they returned, catching their kids' attention. The five of them are listening behind the tent.

Tuk peeks underneath the cloth that hugs their home, trying to understand what they're fighting about. She just knows they are shouting at each other, and this is enough for her to feel the tension between them.

She stands up and runs to Tirol, hugging her leg to find some comfort.
The oldest gently hugs the youngest back, caressing her head.

"I can not. You can not ask me this." Neytiri moves nervously towards a red bag. "I will not leave my people. I will not." She declares angrily, standing up.

"He's hunting us! He is targeting our family!" Jake replies, shouting.

"You can not ask this." She repeats. "The children, everything they've ever known, the forest! This is our home!" Neytiri cries.

"He had our children; he had them right under his knife." Jake clenches his jaw. Neytiri inhales, moving to her bow. "My father gave me this bow as he lays dying. He said, protect the people. You're Toruk Makto!", she shouts, her voice cracking at the end, as she is waving the bow in front of her mate.

"This will protect the people. Quaritch has Spider and that kid knows everything. He knows our whole operation, he can lead them right in here. If the People harbor us, they will die! Do you understand?"

Neytiri sighs, putting her hand on her head in defeat. Her husband is right.

"I got nothing; I got no plan", Jake's shoulders drop slightly. "but I can protect my family, that, I can do." He steps closer to his wife, seeing her eyes moisten.

"I know one thing: wherever we go, this family is our fortress."

Tirol covers her mouth with her left hand, the other holding onto Tuk. The youngest's tears are falling on her thigh, as Kiri is in a complete shock. The brothers stay silent.

They are going to leave their home.

The place where they grown up, made memories.
The are going to leave the place they've always known, the rest of the clan, their friends, and Mo'at.
This thought hurts Tirol even more.

Kiri is going to leave her mother.

She already lost Spider. She can not lost Grace.

The siblings disperse, needing time alone to assimilate the horrible new information.

[...]

It was late at night. After Jake and Neytiri announced to their kids they will leave tomorrow when the sun will go down, and after some time of crying, Tirol can not sleep. She is just thinking about the fact that tomorrow, they will be gone of the forest. She mostly thinks about her Grandmother. She will not see her again, only after a long time. She needs to talk to her.
The teen Na'vi is walking towards the Tsahìk's tent.

"Grandma?" She calls, entering the tent to see Mo'at preparing a potion.

"Tirol, why don't you sleep?" She replies, stopping what she was doing.

"I can not."

"Sit, my child." Mo'at points to the space in front of her.

The Tsahìk caresses Tirol's cheek with her hands, noticing her puffy eyes: she cried.

The youngest leans on her slim hands as she closes her eyes, before opening them.

"I don't want to go, Grandma." Tirol says, looking straight into Mo'at's yellow eyes. "I don't wanna leave the forest. I don't wanna leave you."