Sexual Healing

Chapter 1: Sam's Birthday

    Samanun Anantrakul knew it was rather late in the evening, but nevertheless she knocked on the door of the Phetphailin house. Her subordinate - and the person she was having a torrid work affair with- had recently taken a fall down her stairs and broken her ankle, making her unable to attend her boss's birthday celebration earlier in the day. While Sam enjoyed partying with her family and friends, she couldn't stop the nagging feeling of concern in the back of her mind for her lover. Not to mention, she had people asking her all night when she and Kirk would finally get married, which put her in a foul mood. After the party ended, Sam decided to go over to see Mon.

     "Khun Sam!" The younger girl stood at the door still in her black nightgown, her eyes lit up when she saw her boss standing there with a Thai milk tea, wearing a perfectly tailored black suit and matching stilettos. She used her crutches to hobble over to the side, allowing Sam some room to enter. Suddenly, she looked down, looking embarrassed. "It's your birthday, but here you are bringing me a gift..."

The noblewoman shook her head and waved her hand, dismissing the notion.

      "Nonsense, you're the poor one, you don't need to be spending what little money you have on me." Mon sighed; Sam was never great with words. The older woman scanned the house, taking note of how empty it looked. Apart from family dog, who was fast asleep in his playpen with his tongue sticking out, the rest of the house looked dark and quiet. "Where are your parents?"

"Khun Sam, It's 1 am, they are sleeping upstairs. They set me up to sleep down here in the living room so I don't have to go up and down the stairs for now while I heal." She gestured towards the futon laid down on the ground in front of the sofa, her laptop tucked away to the side indicating that Mon had been working from home.

Sam's expression changed to one of concern, she looked the younger woman up and down and rubbed her shoulder with her free hand. "How are you feeling, baby?" She said as she guided her girlfriend to sit on a stool in the kitchen. It can't be comfortable practically sleeping on the floor! she thought to herself.

      Mon's heart skipped a beat at the new nickname she had received since they started their secret relationship a couple of months ago. She still wasn't used to being called "baby" by the woman she grew up idolizing and it made her blush. It felt surreal to have a member of the royal family here, visiting her in the middle of the night, like her life was a K-drama.

     "It hurts. But don't worry! I took some painkillers and I feel alright." She sipped on her milk tea, trying to act nonchalant. Mon did not want to be a burden to Sam, so she minimized just how much her ankle hurt. In truth, the painkillers didn't help much and her ankle and the surrounding area was constantly throbbing with pain. "I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to your party today..." she said guiltily.

Mon had been so excited for Sam 's birthday. She had been talking about it almost nonstop to her friends and family; discussing everything she was thinking of getting and doing for Sam on her special day, much to the dismay of her childhood friend, Nop, who had a not-so-secret crush on her. Despite Sam's insistence that her birthday party was not something she should go out of her way to attend, the younger woman had even canceled her yearly trip to the beach she took with her closest friends, Yuki and Nop so that she could be free. This caused Nop to side eye them suspiciously.

Sam frowned. She tucked a finger under Mon's chin, lifting her head to look into her eyes. "You don't need to be sorry, ok baby?" She placed a tender kiss on the younger girl's forehead, causing her to sigh and relax into her girlfriend's body for a hug. "I would not have expected you to hobble your way to my place just for a party. Besides, maybe it could take some suspicion off of us...You know how Jim is with her big mouth." Both girls couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of their nosy friend. Out of nowhere, Mon gingerly popped up from her stool.